Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finn photos...and a couple videos, too!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

Finn photos...and a couple videos, too!

I hope everyone has had a grand 2008 so far. It has certainly been a good one for us. We had a wonderful time at the Oklahoma City Dock Dogs event this past weekend, with Finn coming in second overall in Big Air and second in the new event of Speed Retrieve. He actually got the fastest time there of 7.22 seconds, but we sorta choked in the finals. It was still a lot of fun!

Here are some completely random photos of my lovely. He just turned four on Christmas Eve, too...so Happy Belated Birthday to Finn!

Christmas Time with my family...my parents' dog, Lady was a good play pal for Finn.

Here are my two handsome guys.

Thanksgiving in Louisiana...Finn and Nestle (his "cousin")

With his "uncle", Trouble...

Handsome on the porch...

The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Hahaha, we were throwing the blanket way up in the air and he was having the most fun jumping into it. Those are his legs under there.

His medals from our OKC weekend. Four first place medals, and two second place ones.

I'll post the videos shortly. Thanks for checking these out!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Here's Finn's best jump from this past weekend. I threw the toy low, so he ended up going headfirst and almost cannon-balled! It was really funny, but I think tucking his butt in like that gave him a couple extra inches, haha. Enjoy the video. I'll post the Speed Retrieve one next.

This is Speed Retrieve. The dog and handler are positioned at 21' and the toy is hung at the very end of the pool. Since it's a new sport, they don't have the appropriate electronic timing systems, so we just went with a stopwatch. They timed us from the point where they said "GO" to when the dog has the toy in his mouth. It was so much fun!

Last edited by finn's mom; 01-26-2008 at 08:25 AM.

It's so good to see Finn again, Kari! He's looking great! I love the pictures and the videos.

O...M...G... He's Such a handsome young man! I was LOL at the picture of him jumping into the blanket. That's great!
    Thank you SO much for posting the videos!

You should be so proud of yourself and Finn!!
    I'm so happy for you that he's doing so well!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

How nice to see Finn and some of his family He's so handsome.

The videos were awesome and the dogs went crazy howling at the first one...lol!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Loved the videos!! Wish my two were that clever

Finn is gorgeous
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Finn is the cutessst! I love his snow nose. :3

The jumping videos were awesome. What is his longest jump?

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Finn looks so handsome and sweet. I love the picture of him and Trouble. They look so cute together. Your two "men" are very handsome. All of Finn's friends are great looking dogs.

I loved the videos. My dogs would never stay that focused with all the other dogs barking and howling. Is it hard to teach them to stay focused? You and Finn are doing amazing, it looks like so much fun. I'm proud of you both. Way to go!! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures and videos.

Happy belated birthday Finn!

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

WOW!! Way to go. Those videos are awesome, what focus Finn has. You guys did great!! Very proud of both of you.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

What a gorgeous boy Finn is. All great pictures and I just love this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom

Handsome on the porch...

Loved the videos too. Thanks for sharing.

You guys are so awesome! Thank you for the comments and compliments! We love our Finn-Dog.

bckrazy - Finn's longest jump is in my signature...21'1. (Although the photo in my signature is actually from his first event, where he jumped about 14'!) He jumped the 21'1 last Easter (it snowed that day!) at a Splash Dogs event, and the closest he's gotten to that since was in Alabama, where he got 20'1. He averages about 19', though, which is still above average!

Jadapit - I honestly don't know if I'll ever be actually able to train another dog to do this sport, it's almost all natural for Finn. As far as his focus, I think it's more obsession. Hahahaha. He's just that insane about toys and water. The only thing I have to work on is my own body positioning, his position on the dock and the way I throw the toy. Everything else is just Finn being Finn.

Thanks again everyone for checking out my photos and for all the great, ego boosting compliments!

Finn is just the cutest, most handsome boy! I LOVED the photos and videos! Very well done, Mr. Finn you gorgeous doggie. I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you in person...hopefully some day I will. I'd love to see you in person.

LOVE the videos! I've always really admired dock dogs, and I'll just have to live vicariously through you and Finn!!

Giselle - I have always liked watching them on tv, too...so it was a dream come true to be on the dock for the first time last March. It continues to be dreamlike to be up there!

Adoremydogs - I know. I wish we could meet, too. I am bummed we missed not only meeting you guys, but Woody, too!