Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on this breeder?

What's even more rediculous is that there is a adult agreeing with her!!
    What ever I'm done answering your rediculous questions, do some REAL research on breeding and you'll get your answers. I can't wait till Karen sees this and how rediculous your being.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by -Pickle-
    and pretty mucht the only reason breeders breed is to make money.
    purebreed=profit. they arent doing it for some nirvana-type reason of a doggie haven. its for their wallets.

Sorry but that's completely untrue. I've already invested a lot of money into Keeva and she's only a year old. There's still more money required for showing, agility trials, hip & elbow xrays, eye testing, etc. I already know I won't get that money back. The GOOD breeders do it for the love of their breed. We have a couple resident PT breeders here who will tell you the same thing. I won't be breeding for profit (cause there won't be much, if any at all). I plan on breeding because the breed is far gone from what it should be. The only reason one should breed is to better the breed. Period. Not because puppies are cute, to make some extra cash, or because the mom and/or dad are nice (there are PLENTY of nice dogs in shelters). When you breed PROPERLY, there is RARELY profit.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    What's even more rediculous is that there is a adult agreeing with her!!
    What ever I'm done answering your rediculous questions, do some REAL research on breeding and you'll get your answers. I can't wait till Karen sees this and how rediculous your being.
    well at least while this has gone on a few more people are starting to see what an irresponsible girl you are being. your acting like a spoilt child.
    get over yourself!

thank you so much for the sig ellie! (whisk_luva)
    Jades animal friends;Pickle;RB Blue;RB Purple;Mitz
    RB Peanuts;RB Sweetie;Puss Puss;William
    RB Ripple- 1996-23/7/2007;Treacle;Spot;Red

"there is no trouble from which a cat can't exume itself from by using a little timely purring."
    Ripple- 1996(?)-2007

huskies by tradition are working dogs. they didnt have to but they excercised and trained the dogs to do sled work. they enjoyed it and never overworked them. if there was the slightest problem it never went unnoticed and was seen to immediately.

oh and of course im not an expert. im 13 years old. get over your inflated ego and take a look at yourself before you go and call anything or anyone ridiculous.
    I know perfectly well that huskies are working dogs..and that is great that they worked them. Really..but if they were honestly breeding "just to have puppies"...they are irresponsible..and thats not my opinion thats fact.

Not because puppies are cute, to make some extra cash, or because the mom and/or dad are nice (there are PLENTY of nice dogs in shelters). When you breed PROPERLY, there is RARELY profit
    I quoted this for Jenn who seems to think I'm terrible for thinking people should get shelter animals and then wanting a dog from a breeder. Ashley says the same thing as me and oh look she got Keeva from a breeder. The same thing as your bashing me for.

What is this about my 'inflated ego'? Maybe I am missing something...
    You are jeez Sydney your so full of yourself lmao
    See ALL my pets here

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    Sorry but that's completely untrue. I've already invested a lot of money into Keeva and she's only a year old. There's still more money required for showing, agility trials, hip & elbow xrays, eye testing, etc. I already know I won't get that money back. The GOOD breeders do it for the love of their breed. We have a couple resident PT breeders here who will tell you the same thing. I won't be breeding for profit (cause there won't be much, if any at all). I plan on breeding because the breed is far gone from what it should be. The only reason one should breed is to better the breed. Period. Not because puppies are cute, to make some extra cash, or because the mom and/or dad are nice (there are PLENTY of nice dogs in shelters). When you breed PROPERLY, there is RARELY profit.
    most of the breeders i know, their pack is their life, their love, their livelihood and their passion. they care about their dogs and i have the upmost respect for how much they care.

"there is no trouble from which a cat can't exume itself from by using a little timely purring."
    Ripple- 1996(?)-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Danegirl2208
    I know perfectly well that huskies are working dogs..and that is great that they worked them. Really..but if they were honestly breeding "just to have puppies"...they are irresponsible..and thats not my opinion thats fact.

This thread has gotten out of hand..I am done with your immaturity.
    fair enough if you are done with "my immaturity" then kindly bow out.
    the inflated ego comment was not directed at you. sorry i should have left a name on the post. my mistake.
    they werent breeding just to have puppies, well breeding is to make puppies, but as i have already said, love, life,livelihood and greatest passion.

edit:
    I quoted this for Jenn who seems to think I'm terrible for thinking people should get shelter animals and then wanting a dog from a breeder. Ashley says the same thing as me and oh look she got Keeva from a breeder. The same thing as your bashing me for.

Ripple- 1996(?)-2007

Ladie's please remember that Pickle is from England. They may not have the same standards as American breeders have. She may be right that in her country no one breeds for the enhancement of the breed. I would do not know enough about breeding in her country to contradict her. She, on the other hand, should not assume that because her country's breeders lack a certain ethic that it is true in all countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    Ladie's please remember that Pickle is from England. They may not have the same standards as American breeders have. She may be right that in her country no one breeds for the enhancement of the breed. I would do not know enough about breeding in her country to contradict her. She, on the other hand, should not assume that because her country's breeders lack a certain ethic that it is true in all countries.
    I know of many reputable breeders in England..they are not breeding for any other reason than to improve the breed.

I don't think it really matters what country your from there's always going to be some breeders breeding to better the breed.
    See ALL my pets here

Reputable breeders don't make a profit selling puppies. They are lucky to break even.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

PS: And unreputable breeders, let alone pet owners, can lie. I remember Ivy's story, and Alicia was told he was fine. It was after she got him that he went to the vet and the problems were discovered.

Now, if you knew beforehand that you couldn't take on a special-needs pet - then got one you were told was fine, and it turned out to be special needs - what the heck are you going to do?

Especially if you are in school, not working, and it's your parents' money(which is why you wouldn't get a special needs pet in the first place)?

Alicia has said she is in regular contact with Ivy's new owner.

Pickle - whatever good points you may have had in your postings (and I saw none) were obliterated by your bloody rudeness.

JMO
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Pickle - whatever good points you may have had in your postings (and I saw none) were obliterated by your bloody rudeness.
    Amen to that!

I am utterly disgusted with this thread. Alicia is asking for opinions on a breeder. She is not asking for anyone to bring up that fact that yes, maybe she does make snide and immature comments from time to time, but I don't think she is the only one guilty of this.

-Pickle-, you are making a complete FOOL of yourself with your immature and poorly backed remarks. I suggest that you zip it before you make yourself look even worse.

what im asking is-
    why does the dog *have* to be a chinese crested? sure- theyre sweet little things. incredibly cute. but is it not possible that she could love a dog that *wasnt* pedigree?
    1) Because she would like one, and is interested in the breed
    2) I believe Alicia has had a non-pedigree dog.

I would like to know just where is your justification in saying that she has never loved a mixed breed? This was a poorly backed up statement.

nothing is going to happen to it if it doesnt get into your hands that is.

[[if you say i'll be banned. go ahead. say it. im not bothered]]
    You're right, it would would probably wind up finding another good home. But what makes you say Alicia isn't a fit home for a dog (or animal)? You have no evidence other than her rehoming an animal she did not meet the needs for. She could have easily dumped it on the side of the road. Again, this is not a justified statement.

hey- its immaturity, yep. i dont *have* to be totally mature.
    but you cannot deny that my arguement has logic.
    if you say that i have a spineless arguement i suggest you go to your local hospital to have some tests run on your brain.
    Yes, we can deny that your argument contains logic. You have made no justified statements.

and pretty mucht the only reason breeders breed is to make money.
    purebreed=profit. they arent doing it for some nirvana-type reason of a doggie haven. its for their wallets.
    Well, I am sorry to hear you think this. England must be a sad, sad place to live. Yes, some breeders breed for profit. These are NOT reputable breeders. Any REPUTABLE breeder does not make a profit, and just barely, mostly NEVER, even breaks even.

Can we all act mature now and get back ON TOPIC? (Topic being what everyone thinks of these breeders, for those of you who find this difficult to understand).

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

-Pickle-, you are making a complete FOOL of yourself with your immature and poorly backed remarks. I suggest that you zip it before you make yourself look even worse.
    i have considered your suggestion.
    my answer is-
    nope.

England must be a sad, sad place to live.
    and canada+america are the happiest places in the world to live?

Yes, we can deny that your argument contains logic. You have made no justified statements.
    and i can say that everyone sans two or three people is just biased towards alicia because she wasnt one the people that have seen her second face.

Can we all act mature now and get back ON TOPIC? (Topic being what everyone thinks of these breeders, for those of you who find this difficult to understand).
    yes we can. my view is check every shelter near her first. then if that doesnt work, find a better breeder than this one.

Ripple- 1996(?)-2007