Thread: Help for Michael the Cat

Help for Michael the Cat

Hello all, I haven't been around too much (life getting in the way of fun these days), but I know that there are a lot of good and caring people who may be able to help out.

Its a friend of a friend, lives in Seattle, who recently was 'adopted' by a stray cat who followed him home. Scanning the microchip found his name is Michael, and hes about 14. Contacting the owners, and found out that they dumped him in the woods because of an eye problem and low kidney functions. Forrest (the new owner) is doing the best he can for him, but is looking for any help that people can offer as he isn't able to fully cover the $500 vet bill.

http://blog.forrestcroce.com/michael...nd/2008/01/17/

I've already recommended that he gets in touch with imom to see what they might be able to do for him. So, any help that anyone can offer towards Michaels care is definately greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Grrrrrr! How can you have one for 14 years, care enough to have him microchipped, then dump him when there is a problem? He is such a beauty!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The original owners were found and they admitted to dumping their 14 year old cat because he had health problems???? Wow!! They need to be reported to the authorities!!

I hope enough funds are collected to help with the medical bills, and I hope the kitty lives his life out with a caring family.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Good luck on getting donations for Michael, those people should rot in hell to abandon and animal like that knowingly aswell, it makes me bloody sick.
    People like that should never be allowed to have an animal again.

I just made a donation to Michael's vet fund.

How AWFUL, those alleged people who supposedly owned him but dumped him in the woods when he began to have medical problems that would take time and cost money to treat. I would dump THEM in the woods, just when the wolves and bears and what-have-you are about to go prowling for food.

Is it against the law there to dump a helpless animal like that? If so, I hope Forrest will report them to the authorities.

Also sounds like it would make a great human interest story for the local news media.

WHEN I SEE MY OWM MICHAEL AND THEN READ THAT STORY, I FEEL SO SAD AS THERES NO WAY IF MICHAEL WAS THAT ILL THAT I WOULDNT FIGHT FOR HIM, AND KEEP HIM AS LONG AS HE WAS HEALTHY.
    I WILL TRY AND SEND IN SOMETHING ITS JUST THAT 4 CATS OVER 14 NEED WORKUPS WHILE THE SPRCIALS ON.
    MICHAEL PRAYS FOR YOUR MICHAEL AND WISHES HE COULD SEND OVER SOME PIZZA, FOOD OR MAYBE A MOUSIE TOY?

WE ARE PRAYING FOR THAT POOR MICHAEL.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I agree that it would make a good human interest story about Michael and it might get some donations, too. The people who dumped him are shameless. They readily admitted to it? Unbelievable!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you everyone for your kind words, prayers and thoughts for Michael. It appears that the fundraising is going well, and that Michael is getting all the care and love that he needs

To answer the question of the police report, this is from another forum that Forrest moderates-
    I shouldn't say too much, because I've filed a report with Seattle's police for animal abandonment; I don't know how or if that's going. But we found his owner through the microchip, left a few messages, and he called me back saying he has a black cat with a white chin and white boots, but his isn't missing, and isn't microchipped. I asked if he had any other pets, and that's the only one. This sounded wrong to me, and the vet, pet store, animal control officer, and everybody else says it's impossible Avid would have his phone number if he only had one pet that wasn't chipped.
    After reading that more carefully, it appears that the owner didn't actually admit to dumping him, and has disavowed having had him as a pet, even tho the microchip information is his. I must have misread things being overtired when i posted before, and was under the impression that the owner had admitted to it when i posted the first time, so i'm sorry about that.

I'm just glad that Forrest was able to coax Michael out of the woods, and give him some comfort and lovins after being abandoned. Also, an update on the diagnosis seems to be-
    He's in great overall health. The kidneys are a little weak, but he's 14 years old, so that's pretty normal. The vet says he probably has another three or four years left. The eye sort of came apart; the retina detached. It's not causing him any pain, and doesn't put the other one in danger.