Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diaper Rash...:(

naked time!!! before lydia became mobile, we gave her 45 mins of naked time in the evening -- it helps the area to dry out. think of a cut with a band aid on it all the time...its hard to heal in a constantly moist area. I hope her rash gets better soon!!

(Also, its expensive, but we found that Triple-Paste has been the most effective cream, clearing up one of Lydia's rashes in just hours...and we have tried them all!)

Sudocream is brilliant
    Give Ł1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth a try I suppose...I never really liked Desatin. I tried Burts Bees diaper cream and it smells lovely and it worked better then anything I had tried. Quinn only had a couple diaper rashes though, and they only happened when I switched diaper brands. For some reason, the only disposable diaper I can use on Quinn is Pampers, she gets diaper rash from the other disposables.

I also have a tube of pure Lanolyn that I used when I was so sore from nursing, and then AGAN sore when Quinn started teething (and biting while nursing) and I LOVE the pure lanolin cream for all sorts of sores and cuts. I've used it on one of Quinn's diaper rashes in the past and it was nice. It seemed to clear it up quick.

I hope your little cutie gets better soon. I bet that's just got to be ouchie Poor little thing

I guess it really depends how bad this nappy rash is, if she has real sensitive skin like my baby girl did, then none of petroleum based products worked for my baby,i needed something zinc based and found those to be much more effective,it seems desitin is mentioned alot here by other pter's so maybe that is your best bet, good luck with the healing, and hugs to your little princess, she is gorgeous.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm with the others on the naked time! It's so good to let them air out. You can lay her on a blanket, if it's not warm enough to be bare you can lay a blanket over here. Just not having the diaper clinging to her will help. I don't know what kind of diapers and wipes you use, but most are full of chemicals that could also be the irritating her. You may want to try another brand. I used Seventh Generation diapers when Nathan was first born and I loved them. I've since gone to cloth diapers and I love them even more than I ever thought I would. I still use the Seventh Generation wipes and I doubt I'll ever use anything else. Nathan's never had a diaper rash and while I can't say for certain that these things had any thing to do with it, it certainly didn't hurt any.

Good luck with Delilah, I hope her bottom is all better really soon.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Ok, back in the dark ages when my son was a baby, my (then) husband was in the Air Force and we were so broke we were living off our fingernails. My son got sick and went into the base hospital. They cured him but sent him home w/the worst case of diaper rash I have ever seen. He even had open sores. I had no money and was out of Desitin and the only thing I had in the house was Milk of Magnesia. I figured it couldn't hurt, it's cool and soothing, so why not? I applied it and he immediately stopped crying and, I swear to you, within 48 hours the diaper rash was completely gone! I never went back to Desitin again. I applied it w/every diaper change after that. (It's also good if you have sores in your mouth. Take a swig and rinse it around like mouthwash and spit it out. Obviously, don't do that w/babies or small children but for adults, it's great.) Anyhow, give Milk of Magnesia a whirl. It's so cool and soothing.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

My mom used Boudreaux's Butt Paste on my niece, Eden when she was a baby, and older. It really seemed to help A LOT..
    I don't know if its available everywhere..

Here's a link to it, and theres a number to call for locations near you.
    Link

My mom basically bought it because her maiden name is in the title, and thought it was humorous.. But it really did work, and my cousin started using it on their little boy.