Thread: Cat in the Box

Cat in the Box

What is up with cats and boxes? One of my boys will instantly hop into any new box that comes into the house. Shoe box, boxes from the mail, beer 12 pack boxes, even boxes so small he can hardly get his fuzzy hiney in it (notice the cute little tail tip on his little bob tail hanging over the edge).

My other boy loves boxes but after about three days the box becomes stail and he will have nothing to do with it. Paper bags are about as good.

This is just one more oddity that we enjoy about our cats. Does anyone has any idea why they do this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bobinbeer.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	38375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bobinbox.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	38376  

Oh that pic is so cute, i know exactly what you mean, one of my cats just loves boxes, here's a pic of my Nikkita in a shoe box on the verandah.

I wonder if there are any more PT kitties in a box pics out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

How About a Cat In A Bag

Here is my precious Ketzi in one of her favorite hiding places. You just gotta luv em.

Name:	cat in a bag 2.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	944.3 KB 
ID:	38379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cat in a Bag.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	946.3 KB 
ID:	38380  
    I love Ketzala and she loves me!!

Sasha loves them too - especially if there's tissue paper packaging for her to curl up in.

LOL! We all know that cats LOVE boxes, that includes Fister. The last few days I've had a moving box standing around to put things in for the cellar, and at night I hear these "strange" noises. That's Fister trying to open it of course.

Great pictures!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

LOL..I THOUGHT my cats were the only oness lol.. all my catss perfer to sleep in boxes instead of their bed lol....
    I love my cats sooo much!!.

mine love boxes too...

Name:	100_0479.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	648.5 KB 
ID:	38423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0480.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	750.6 KB 
ID:	38424  

All my cats do that!! Look:

I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    I wonder if there are any more PT kitties in a box pics out there.
    Hoo boy. Brace yourself for an avalanche of cat-in-box pictures. Those are great pictures, and here are a few more:

All cats love boxes. My mom theorized it's a holdover from their wild state: They like "lairs" to curl up in.

Name:	Sass in box.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	462.8 KB 
ID:	38522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Box Miss.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	318.2 KB 
ID:	38523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Striker in Box.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	333.3 KB 
ID:	38524  
    Gin

Bump

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

In our house any box that is ready for recycle has to be cat inspected. This usually takes about 1 week. Then it can be removed as long as there is another to replace it. In order of rank, Peak is the head box inspector, Lenny is second in command of boxes, and then the first that gets too it is next in line.
    GILL & Crew;