Thread: Strange Behaviour

Strange Behaviour

For the past couple of weeks my 2 year old chihuahua will jump back as if she's scared and sort of mouths my hand as if she wanted to bite when I move my hand up towards her such as to pat her on the head. Then her ears go way back and she jumps into my lap as if going into submissive mode. I don't understand why she doing this, she has always been treated well. The only other time in the past that she acted this way was for a fews days during the heat cycle, but now it's happening out of the blue, usually while I'm playing with her. Does anyone have any clue as to why she is doing this?

---------------
    http://www.styleartc.com/portraits

If no one has been raising their hand in anger to her, it may not be completely behavior-related...Have you had her to the vet for a check-up? Maybe an ear infection and she's worried you'll hit the sore spot or something? Sudden behavioral changes in dogs seem to go along with medical issues a lot of the time (remember, they can't just say, I've got a headache, or earache, or whatever.)

Good luck!

I don't think it's because there is anything wrong with her, she just had a check up with the annual shots. The only thing I can think of is that occasionally she will get accidentally hit when we're playing with her toys, but that doesn't seem to faze her one bit, and she is very vocal if something hurts her.

www.StyleArtc.com/portraits