Thread: Another Sibling???

Another Sibling???

I was browsing the local shelters, and I found this:

Clicky

This shelter is about 15 minutes away from where Ivy's previous owner/"breeder" lives. I know it sounds crazy, but I *really* think that dog is Ivy's sibling.

Those button ears, that straight front, that face... too similar. What do you guys think?

If that is Ivy's sibling, I think I'm going to cry

Looking at Ivy, I can't imagine pit bull terrier but I have no idea what shelter people think they see and the photographers (bless 'em) are sometimes volunteers without the best lighting usually. Perhaps their dog has a heavier head and neck. Of course, some litters do have multiple sires .

But I do agree, due to similarities, if age is similar, they could be siblings - if there were siblings.

If you have contact info for the 'breeder' then perhaps you could ask them to follow up? Otherwise if you can, you or a friend who knows Ivy, could go look?
    Semavi Lady Visit the blog!

They sure do look an awful lot alike!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh, there's no way in heck that dog is a GSD/pittie mix. That's a city shelter, so I don't give what they call the dog a second thought.

The shelter says that dog is 1 year. Ivy is 1 year. Their markings are so similar (even the chest markings that wrap around to the upper arm). Those button ears are unmistakable. There were 7 puppies in the litter, I was told. But even if it is Ivy's littermate, what can I do? I don't know anybody looking for a dog, and I don't think the shelter would let me keep in touch with whoever adopts that dog.

I really want to help that dog, but I don't know anybody who lives in that area and who would take her in.

They look SO similar, right down to the (what appears to be) weak forearms and straight fronts: