Thread: Rest In Peace Leelee

Rest In Peace Leelee

My neighbor had to put his 5-year-old beagle down yesterday. She was known for being a happy bouncy girl who loved to stick her beagle nose to the ground and go where ever the wildlife scents took her. Unfortunately she had to be put to sleep yesterday as when they came home from vacation she was paralized in the backend. The vet said after all those years of jumping up and down she had finaly resulted in a bulged or ruptured disc in her back (I am not completely sure of all the details). She had been placed on steroids but after a week was declining instead of improving. She went into a depression and was actually stiffening up and her temperature was dropping. I only had the opportunity of meeting her once, she was such a lovely young lady, loving and so full of spunk. Rest in Peace Sweetheart.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

RIP Leelee. Prayers for your family, they must be heartbroken, especially if she was away on vacation with them when this happened. (They may have borded her, I don't know.)

RIP Leelee, I know that you are healthy and happy now @ the bridge! Big Hugs to her family.
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    RIP Leelee. Prayers for your family, they must be heartbroken, especially if she was away on vacation with them when this happened. (They may have borded her, I don't know.)
    I think the hard part for them is that they were not with her. She had escaped from her backyard and my family had to catch her two Fridays ago. We put her back in the yard (she was a wonderful escape artist). They had friends coming over a couple times a day for feeding and letting them in the house at night, we let the friend know that she had gotten out but was only loose for a few minutes before we were able to catch her and put her back. But when the friend arrived on Sunday night to put the dogs up for the evening she could not move her backend. She was fine in the morning when they came over to let her outside. The owners arrived home late that night I think and she went to the vet on Monday I believe and stayed there for 48 hours or so and then came home, but with no improvement, refusing to eat or drink and they just could not watch her continue to decline.

She is now free of her back injuries/pain and lack of movement and able to bounce and jump as much as she wants. Nose to the ground Leelee, maybe there are some bunnies up there that will play chase with you.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Aww, so sad. I'm sorry.
    RIP Leelee
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

How very sad and tragic! RIP dear LeeLee!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

That is very sad - RIP Leelee
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk