Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed for Polly!!!UPDATE:She's gone

Prayers needed for Polly!!!UPDATE:She's gone

Polly, the puppy I bottle fed from a week old is at the vets. She had diareah and vomited last night. I gave her some albon and thought she would be ok. When I got home from work at 11 this morning my parents said she had vomited non stop and had had diareah non stop for several hours. I found her under my wardrobe. She looked dead. I drug her out and she still just lie there. I scooped her up and ran to the car. Calling the vet on my way he met me at the clinic. I was bawling.

Poor Polly's eyes are rolled in the back of her head. She's so weak. We pumped some liquids in her and gave her some sentinal to stop the vomiting. Of course my first thought was parvo, but fortinatly the test came back neg. The fecal came back neg as well. The vet thinks she must have eaten something she wasn't suppose to. We're treating her like a poison.

I left her at the clinic around noon. It's 3:12pm and I keep calling back for updates. My co-workers just keep telling me it's not looking good, but they are trying. The vet said he will call me back before 6pm, but I can't wait that long. I'm going nuts. I keep crying! How could I let this poor puppy I've worked so hard to keep alive get poisoned?! I feel like it's totally my fault. I keep such a good eye on her and don't see how she could have gotten a hold of anything.

Please keep my sweet Polly Pocket and my sanity in your prayers.
    Last edited by lute; 11-20-2007 at 04:38 PM.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Oh how frightening! {{hugs}} to you.

Come on Polly you have lots of people helping you and praying for you. You can make it through this sweet one. Prayers fo Polly from RI.

Prayers for Polly.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Well, Polly is gone.

I can't stop crying. The vet called me and told me that she had started having seizures and she probably wouldn't make it through the night. I drove to see her and she was in the middle of one when I got there. She had 5 seizures within a 5 minute period. I couldn't stand to see her suffer any longer. I had her euthinized at 4:55pm. Thank God my friend Mande was there to comfort me.

I can't stop thinking that this is all my fault. I could have prevented this if I had just paid a little more attention to her. We're giving her a proper funeral when we get home.

RIP my sweet Polly. I tried so hard to help you. We all already miss you terribly.

Rest in peace, little girl. Lute, don't feel bad - because of you, she knew love and care, and the life she lived, though short, was love-filled. That's more than some dogs ever get, no matter how long they live.

lute, you did everything you could. Please don't feel guilty.
    I went back and looked at the pic of Brick and Polly. So sweet.
    RIP Polly.
    You did the right thing, she is now happily running and playing at the bridge.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

RIP sweet Polly
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Rest in peace Polly

Lute, you did all that you could, please don't blame yourself ((hugs)) ((hugs))

Awwww....I am so sorry to hear this! RIP Polly
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I'm so sorry! I know it's easy to say, but you did the very very best for Polly. You can't have eyes in the back of your head. Accidents happen. It's devastating, but you have to remember you gave her a loving, happy life, as short as it was. My heart goes out to you. I'm so so sorry.

I've been Boooo'd!

I am so very sorry Lute!!!! Please try not to blame yourself, though I don't think you will listen, you gave that sweet puppy so much love and showed her what life could be like, so many other puppies never experience any of that. You did the very best for her that could possibly be donw.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm so sorry you loss her.
    {{{hugs}}}

Rest easy now Polly.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

So sorry you lost her, but you don't know for sure she was poisoned. You gave her a little more time and a much better chance than she would have gotten had you not cared for her. Many people wouldn't even have tried. She knew she was loved because of you. Hold that thought ((hugs))
    Play happily at the Rainbow Bridge, little Polly, you will be missed here.

Aw geesh, I am so sorry. You did give Polly a wonderful time for her short life. God needed her for other things. {{hugs}} to you. Sweet Polly, play and enjoy the Bridge!

Thanks for all the sweet word guys. It means a lot. We burried Polly this afternoon when I got home from work. My 9yr old brother has been crying since I told him what happend last night. Poor guy. He doesn't fit in real well at school and Polly was the best friend he had. I told him we have other dogs to play with, but he is a little intimidated by them when they try to play. We don't share the same love of giant breed dogs.