Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thunder

so sorry for your loss.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Hi Lorn.

I felt empty...like a zombie..after I had our Mist pts a year ago. She had been my 13th birthday present and was nearly 15 so went through all my teens and most of my 20s with me also. Fortunately, she didn't suffer for long, she only took the bad turn the day before we had her put down.

*Mops eyes*...

Anyway, she never lost her appetite and wolfed down her very last meal which I'm glad about. She went with a full tummy, lol.
    I also stayed with her when the vet did the deed because I couldn't bear leaving her on her own in her final moments. Seeing that life disappear out of her eyes as she went unconscious will never leave me. It haunts me to this day. I knew that was it and I was never going to see her alive again. I did feel like I was giving up on her and letting her down. Still, something else happened to a human family member which helps me feel a bit differently.

My nan had a major stroke in August last year and has been not much more than a vegetable ever since. The number of phonecalls we recieved saying she was really bad and everyone trying to prepare and then she'd improve again and then another bad turn and just up and down, up and down for months...until the 8th of this month when it finally came to an end. Nearly 5 months of her just laying there not really being aware and laying in a state of total indignity.
    Before the stroke, she was a very strongly opinionated type who was very much against people being kept alive in such states when there was no hope of recovery and even wrote a living will to not be kept alive if this should happen to her but there was too much grey area and confusion over the will and so she ended up remaining in this state for all those months for no reason other than to finally die at the end of it anyway.

It makes me realise that our Mist didn't have to suffer in the way my nan did and it was also emotionally draining for family members...just waiting for her to finally pass on because we knew it was the best we could hope for her and what she would have wanted.

For this reason, our elderly pets who become ill beyond hope have it better than humans who become ill beyond hope. Thats how I know you did the right thing and I'm sure everyone else here will agree.
    Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole.

www.tmhudsonfineart.co.uk

So glad to hear Thunder went peacefully. Now he can run, and play free of pain at the bridge.

I am sorry for your loss, but you know it was the only good thing you could do for him.

Hugs,
    Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I am so sorry Rest in peace sweet boy..

I'm so sorry for your loss

R.I.P Thunder
    {{{hugs}}}

I feel the sorrow of your Loss ..........

Please note that Thunder will Forever be a part of you from now on~ He is a wrung on your Ladder in Life~

May Thunder Rest in Peace within your Heart.
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

I am so sorry about Thunder. Please know you did do the right thing. And mom, Thunder was probably very happy that you were in there with the rest of the family when he went to the bridge.
    Just think of him when he was a young pup. That's how he is right now and will remain forever.

RIP Thunder
    and hugs to the family.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Unhappy

I am so very sorry for your loss, Alicia. (((HUGS))) you will be in my thoughts.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I am sorry buttercup, buttercup's mom and to the rest of your family..I know it's hard but believe it or not it will get easier as time goes by. take care
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I am so sorry Alicia. Just remember that, although you cannot see him, Thunder will forever be by your side and, like you said, with his tail wagging. He is a free of pain and now a very happy young-again boy.

Rest in peace, handsome Thunder.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Very sorry about your loss. Rest well, Thunder.

Dear Thunder's Bereaved Family...

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I'm glad Thunder went peacefully. You have to believe he knew it was his time. He fulfilled his duty of giving love and devotion to his family. As you see, so many of us have been through this dreadful day.

Nothing anyone can say will make the pain easier to bear. I will be truthful and tell you, it will hurt forever, but the acceptance gets easier. When you think of the memories and happiness and the fact Thunder is free of pain and happy and playing and watching lovingly over you, it will make you feel better.

Hugs and condolences to you. Rest Easy Thunder and have a safe trip to the Bridge!

I've been Boooo'd!

I am so sorry for the loss you are feeling and the pain of loosing Thunder.
    Right now the feelings you all are having are very normal. All of you being with him when he went he was surrounded by the family he loved and adored for all of his years and you did the most unselfish and loving thing anyone can ever do for there furkid, you showed him love and you showed him it is ok to let go and to have peace. You should be proud of yourselves for that.
    I know the pain will not let you and I know how very hard this is for you but it will get better, just keep thinking of all the wonderful memories and the love he gave to each and everyone of you.
    You will one day see him and play with him and get kisses from him, but for now he will watch over you and he is free and in no pain and playing like he has not since he was a puppy.
    God bless all of you and give you the strength and the love that you need to get through this.

RIP SWEET THUNDER play hard and say hello to my babies.

I'm so sorry to hear about Thunder's passing. Yes, you did the right thing. I know it was very hard to do but you did the unselfish thing of letting him go so now he's no longer in pain. Play hard at the Bridge Thunder. RIP sweet boy.

{{{HUGS}}} to you all.

Please take comfort in knowing that Thunder's health is now restored and he's running freely and pain free at the bridge with all the PT RB pets that crossed before him.

You did the right thing for him... you set him free.

When I sent my Toby to the bridge this past June this song says it all:
    "Home" By Chris Daughtry:

I'm staring out into the night,
    Trying to hide the pain.
    I'm going to the place where love
    And feeling good don't ever cost a thing.
    And the pain you feel's a different kind of pain.

Well I'm going home,
    Back to the place where I belong,
    And where your love has always been enough for me.
    I'm not running from.
    No, I think you got me all wrong.
    I don't regret this life I chose for me.
    But these places and these faces are getting old,
    So I'm going home.
    Well I'm going home.

The miles are getting longer, it seems,
    The closer I get to you.
    I've not always been the best man or friend for you.
    But your love remains true.
    And I don't know why.
    You always seem to give me another try.

So I'm going home,
    I'm not running from.
    But these places and these faces are getting old,

Be careful what you wish for,
    'Cause you just might get it all.
    You just might get it all,
    And then some you don't want.
    Be careful what you wish for,
    'Cause you just might get it all.
    You just might get it all, yeah.

Oh, well I'm going home,
    I'm not running from.
    But these places and these faces are getting old.
    I said these places and these faces are getting old,
    So I'm going home.
    I'm going home.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome