Thread: My Day Today...

My Day Today...

Most of you know I help out with Spay Baton Rouge when I can. Sandra had asked me to help with spay day when I can because they are going to try to have it every day. Today was the first day so I went to help. A local vet is letting us use a building behind their clinic and the vet is a guy from Boston or somewhere that can't find a opening anywhere and agreed to do this for SBR. I think today, we did about 13 cats. My job was doing whatever was needed and that included helping the vet during surgery so I watched many spays and neuters, cleaning up between cats and cleaning the surgical tools. We had 2 that were already pregnant but we had one little guy, a cute little tabby boy that once he was sedated, we got out of the trap to see what something was on his head. I started swabbing it and it started ozzzing, the more I swabed, the more it ozzed and bigger it got. How this hadn't killed the little guy, I don't understand, it was so close to his brain! The more I cleaned, the bigger and deeper it was. When the vet got done with the spay he was doing he came and cleaned it out and put some stitches in it, leaving a opening for it to drain. One of the volunteers took him home with her to medicate with antibotics and watch. It looks like a big dog just bit down on his head because we found a smaller puncture close to the bad one, that had healed.

SBR is trying to get a handle on the spring time boom but it looks like it has already started. I am going back to help tomorrow now that I am "experienced" ... (meaning now I know I can watch that kind of stuff and actually do what I did.)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Well done, Laura! That's wonderful, both that they are conducting such a program and that you are so helpful with it.

And prayers and good wishes and healing energies for the little guy who is recuperating from severe dog bites.

THE PET ANGELS ARE STAYING WITH THE LITTLE FELLOW AND HELPING HIM TO GAIN STRENGTH AND SURVIVE HIS ORDEAL.
    AND BLESS YOU FOR HELPING LAURA,AND MAY WHAT YOU ARE LEARNING COME IN HELPFUL ONE DAY IN AN EMERGENCY.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Bless you, Laura! You're amazing to spend the little free time you have helping these animals.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Hi Miss Laura, I'm sitting here with Meowmie and catching up with all my fellow PT kitty friends. What you are doing is so wonderful to help all those kitties. It makes me sad to know there are so many kitties and babies that don't have furever homes and families to love them like we lucky kitties here at PT. Without you, that poor kitty with the dog bite might never have gotten treated by the whitecoat and I hope he'll be fine. Sending you lots of purrs, headbumpies and kitty kisses to thank you for caring enough to help all the kitties in need. You sure are a hero to all of us kitties!

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I am no hero Groucho. I am not the one who started this s/n program. All I do is help out when I can. Anyone would do that, that has to much free time and nothing else to do.

We did 14 again today and were a lot better orginized so it went a lot faster. One of the volunteers did the sedation, another of us prepped them when Nick said he was almost ready for them so it went a whole lot better today. They don't have another scheduled until Feb. 1 but I will be back to work then and won't be able to help. We had one that was fat and was sure she was pregnant but once in, Nick discovered she was just fat. A whole lot of pretty little sweethearts from babies to big handsome Tom cats.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Bless you, Laura, for helping all these unfortunate babies (having babies themselves). That's something I would like to do once I finally get a part-time job instead of full time. It would be nice to make a difference like you are doing.

Hope that little guy heals quickly from that awful wound.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

WOW!!! Bless your Heart Laura!! Job well done!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!