Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to get for a 1 year old

what to get for a 1 year old

can anyone help me with a birthday gift...............it's for a 1 year old baby............and have no clue what to get her

Stuffed animals are always a good choice at that age.

thank you so much

babysitting certificate for the parents so they can celebrate being parents for a year now.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

i never thought of that...........

Learning blocks and toys or toddler movies.

something colourful and noisey!!

I was going to say those Baby Einstein cds or dvds. Toys to play in the tub with might be fun too.

I'm a bit unconventional. Babies get lots of toys, most of which get drooled on, and destroyed by the time the child is 5 and end up being thrown out.

My vote for a gift is a Savings Bond. It's something that will grow, just like the child, and will probably be more useful to him/her when they are older than a long gone toy they don't rember.

If it's a relative or for a close family friend that you would anticipate getting the child a gift every year, then starting a small interest savings account with an annual deposit of your choice in lieu of a toy is a great idea.

Like I said, I'm a bit unconventional.
    Last edited by Catlady711; 01-16-2008 at 09:47 PM.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

wow thanks everyone

Building blocks and stuffed animal, defenitely!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Books, Books Books!! A child can never have too many books.

Nathan loves books and we read a lot. I don't think he gets sick of reading the same books over and over, but I do. I'm always buying him new books and he got a lot of new books for Christmas which he loves and I greatly appreciate.

Cookie Countdown is Nathan's favorite book. It's a big cardboard book (great because babies can't tear the pages) with "googly eyes" that move (Nathan LOVES the eyes). The story is a good story about sharing and friendship too. There is also a similar Elmo book. We don't have that one, Ill probably get it for him soon though.

I love the author Doreen Cronin, she has a lot of really cute stories.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

What about those things that you can put in the freezer for them to teethe on? They make them in cute shapes and stuff now too. I remember finding some that looked like a tiny foot, or hand.

I like the savings bond idea too. I did that for my god child when he was turning 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711
    I'm a bit unconventional. Babies get lots of toys, most of which get drooled on, and destroyed by the time the child 5 and end up being thrown out.

My vote for a gift is a Savings Bond. It's something that will grow, just like the child, and will probably be more useful to him/her when they are older than a long gone toy they don't rember.

If it's a relative or for a close family friend that you would anticipate getting the child a gift every year, then starting a small interest savings account with an annual deposit of your choice in lieu of a toy is a great idea.

Like I said, I'm a bit unconventional.
    Two thumbs up!

Most babies have more toys then they can shake a stick (or rattle) at, and at one year old, they hardly need them.

How about a pedicure for Mom and a bond for the kid???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!