Thread: Jingle Belle is going to the vet tomorrow ...

Jingle Belle is going to the vet tomorrow ...

When we found her, we took her in that same day and made sure she was FIV/FELV negative. She's clear on that. However...

She's been eating like a horse, and her mid-section is starting to expand a tiny bit and seems "firm".

Hubby says if she's "with kitten(s)" then she will be getting fixed and kittens will be going bye-bye. I'm so torn. As someone who cannot have kids, I don't know if I could ever take them from another mommie in any manner - no matter the mommie. I also know that giving kittens up would be hard for me and hubby says we do NOT need 8 (he's making up a #) kitties. I know that it's better for the kitty population... but my heart breaks looking at kids, how could I take kittens from her?

I don't know.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow if she is. Or, if she's got something else wrong. OR, if she's just REALLY hungry!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Your post covers quite a few emotions! Seriousness if there is something wrong with her; subdued happiness if she is pregnant; anguish if you have to terminate a pregnancy; and levity! I can see you are torn by all this.

Fortunately, you will not be in limbo for long. The vet visit is tomorrow, and with most of above the white coats can clearly tell you what is going on with her.

Let us know what you learn. I'll say a few prayers that it is . . . the HUNGER MONSTER!!!

I wonder if Jingle Belle might have worms or another parasite? This might be the reason for the added hunger and larger tummy. I kind of hope that is what she is dealing with because it can be remedied and so you don't have to make such a difficult decision. In any case, I'm just so glad she has a warm and safe home with you and no matter what you decide, her life will be a wonderful one I'm sure.
    p.s. Your kitties are all so beautiful and I must say, I absolutely LOVE the name Scooter Bug. Too cute!!

Thanks for the kind words. I've not had this particular dilemma before.

When I was a kid, my mom would take in all the strays. If they were pregnant, she'd raise the litter and take them to the SPCA in Houston along with a donation. If they weren't, she'd take them to the vet and get them fixed and then return them where they came from... or, as the case may be - let them live the remainder of their lives as "Garage Kitties". Some were just content to be in an enclosed shelter and wouldn't budge once they set foot in the garage. (I'll post a story about that soon...)

The last time I had baby kitties I was probably a senior in High School. I graduated in 1990! So it's been a LONG time. I don't even know what to do with them. Or how long a cat is pregnant. I know nothing!

I'm hoping the vet will take payments. I'm broke until payday, and have to take Jadie in, too. She has a knot/lump on her left shoulder area. I'm really hoping it is nothing. Jadie's our little girl, a daddy's girl especially.

Anyway - I'll update tomorrow after we find anything out.

Thanks again!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016

When I first finally was allowed to have Samantha, she was so starved and neglected that she ate non stop for almost the first year I had her. Gobbled every meal down as if it was her first meal in days. It takes them awhile to learn to slow down, that the food will still be there. Lets hope the pudgy tummy is just from her gobbeling down her food..

By the time Samantha was healthy enough to be spayed, she was pregnant again but I didn't know it until I went to pick her up after she was spayed. That would have been her 3rd litter in about 1 1/2 years and she was in such bad shape, I doubt she would have went full term and if she did, they wouldn't have survived.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I hope that everything will go well at the vets tomorrow. If she is pregnant you'll have a few decisions to make. Whatever you decide you'll have my full support. Good luck.

Any News?

Just checking for an update!

IF A PORCH CAT COMES HERE AND IS WITH KITTEN, THEN I TURN HER OVER TO EITHER ANIMAL WELFARE OR ANIMAL CONTROL. I FEEL BADLY AS BOTH ARE OVER CROWDED NOW WITH CATS , AND I HAVE A FEELING A FEW OF THE MOM CATS MAY HAVE BEEN PTS.
    BUT WITH 10 CATS, I DONT HAVE THE SPACE OR MONEY TO HELP A MOM CAT AND A FAMILY.
    WE ARE PRAYING THAT SHES NOT EXPECTING THAT SHES JUST FAMISHED AND OVER EATING A BIT, THE WAY STRAYS WILL DO WHEN SUDDENLY THERES UNLIMITED FOOD OUT!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Fingers and paws crossed!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We just got home from the vet.

They say she shows no signs, but it's very early. Only 3 weeks since we found her as a stray. They said it would be at around 40-45 days that they would be able to feel anything. SO... with that in mind, we shaved her belly and found no signs that she's ever been spayed.

She has an appointment on the 21st to get spayed. They asked me if we wanted to even if she IS expecting... I told them yes, but don't tell me! So I don't know any pricing... because they were going to quote me on "if she is" and "if she isn't" prices. I'll just owe them forever I guess.

And, Jadie's lump is a cyst. YAY that it isn't anything bad.

Oh Jadie, hon, don't you just HATE those cyst thingies? My pups get them all the time. They sure to mess up the white coat.

I think this is good news for Jingle Belle. Overall, a good vet visit.