Thread: Skype

Is this service really free? my boyfriend can get free calls to skype so I brought a skype phone seeing as im mostly on the comp when he calls

I think a few PTalkers are using Skype. John downloaded it 2 days before he died He was thrilled that an old friend phoned him from England that cheap - they chatted 20 min. for about 20 pence.

To use a phone, you need a mic, or headset though. However, you can also just use the IM.

Here's an old link: Anyone on skype

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

My friend in St. Louis uses it to communicate with her sister who is in Spain for a semester.. so yes, it's free. =)
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Thanks 2 both of you, I didnt think to do a search, I thought it was quite new

Anyone here who knows how to get that??? I have absolutely NO idea
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I've had Skype for almost a year now. My dad talked me into getting it so we could talk more often without using so many cell phone minutes (he has a cheaper package than I do for the cell).

My dad lives 500 miles away and we can talk as long as we want to, and yes it is free. He hooks up the web cam and headset and I tend to usually just type in the 'chat' feature like you would on IM but I can see and hear him and he doesn't type well. lol

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022