Thread: breathing!!

Hybrid View

breathing!!

One of my cats, breathes really loud, and sighs alot... is there a problem? or is normal?
    I love my cats sooo much!!.

Sorry to answer your question with questions:

Can you describe the 'loud' sound a bit more? How old is he? What kind of sound is it? When was his last checkup? Did this start recently, or has he always done this? Is he overweight?

And if you have the answers to those questions, a call to the vet is in order.

JMO
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

If she's mouth breathing (cats are known to breath through their nose only) and there's a wheeze or any kind of rales, she probably needs to see a vet. Is she sneezing? Any gunk coming out of her nose?? Sorry for so many questions.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Its okay ladies thanks for your help!! there's no gunk coming out her nose, she is 1yr old... she weights 11 pounds...the last time she went to the vet was SEPTEMBER 8,2007.. and she was fine the vet found nothing wrong wit her!! she doesnt sneeze either.. she sleeps alot but the vet told me is normal.. she doesnt breathe from her mouth either...the noises i hear is like sighing noises i really dont know how to describe it sorry... but the vet told me she was fine.. but im just scared i dont want nothing to happened to her in the future..

Sounds like Oscar...when he is sleeping, I will sometimes hear a 'sigh' when he exhales - maybe when he inhales also. I think of it as his almost-snore.

Seems to be less now that he is down to his correct weight...but I still hear it from time to time. I think it's cute, sounds like a sigh of contentment.

As for sleeping...my sister once wondered if her cats might be bored since she worked a fair bit. When she was at the vet one time, she asked the vet about this. She was told that cats sleep about 18 hours a day.

"They can't be BORED!" she exclaimed. "They're never AWAKE!"

OooO kk.. My cats do not sleep atleast 18 hrss... and why is it that in the mornings they get crazyyy running all over the place???

why is it that in the mornings they get crazyyy running all over the place???
    I'll ask mine and get back to you!