View Poll Results: How Did You Choose Your Cats Name?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looks

4 22.22%
  • Personality

2 11.11%
  • Famous Person

1 5.56%
  • Other

11 61.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Name Your Pet?

How Did You Name Your Pet?

Looks
    Personality
    Human Name
    Famous Person
    Other
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Tubby was tubby (not fat, just tubby).

Peanut looks like a peanut.

Peanut was actually named when I got her, and it has fit and worked ever since. Tubby was Bitsy when I first got him, but that changed after I found out "she" was a "he."
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Former User Guest
    Nothing special, we just were "tasting" names and chose the ones we chose.

bagel got her name because when she sat her tail made a perfect bagel shape. it still does!
    ketchum was named after one of my favourite country singers - hal ketchum.
    dan was already named when we got him - didn't want to confuse him with a new name.

lynne

John came up with the name Fister - I didn't like it to begin with, but soon got used to it.

No idea where it came from.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

All the pets or just the cats??!

ok, I'll start with the kitties first...

Scout -my fraidy cat who I rescued from dehydration outside my apartment. I was at a loss at what to name him until my boyfriend suggested Scout. I thought that fit, you always had to hunt for him when you got home because he was still afaraid of humans and I was thinking of Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird also...but why did he suggest it...because to him Scout was stealthy like a scout sniper(gee can you tell BF is in the Marine Corp?!)

Gigi - Again Joey named her because it's *his* kitten. He said she was a pretencious little miss and deserved a pretencious name. I wanted to name her Sophie. I just thought she looked like a Sophie. Oh well

Rory - My first fuzzy. I liked the name Rory ever since I was reading a novel at the time I got him and also saw a tv show where the character was named Rory. Plus he was such a baby ferret that the only sounds he made sounded like a baby lion trying to roar.

Lola Strictly named for personality and a song. She is a very determined spoiled ferret. At the time I heard the jazz song that went "whatever Lola wants...Lola gets" so that had to be her name.

Jax Named for a soap opera character. Ever since I saw Jasper Jax on General Hospital, I loved the character and name. So when Jax was given to me by a lady who's son's ferret gave her severe allergies I anmed him Jax(the son had named him Weezer before and he just wasn't a Weezer)

Max After I adopted him from the SPCA, he spent a week with no name except baby. We finally decided on Max because it went so well with Rory, Lola, Jax &Max

And that is my zoo!

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

Duchess came to us already named and she fit her name so we kept it.

Yum Yum I picked her name from the famous cat in the Cat Who Series....Yum Yum And it fits her just fine
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Edwina was named for Lady Edwina Mountbatten -- whose family home Broadlands I will be seeing next Monday!

Let's see....

Noah got his name because we like Bible names...Noah just fit. His middle name is James, because my husband loves Jimmy Buffett.

Noel came to us at three months old as ZUNI. Yuck! We changed it to Noel...we got her at the end of November...and it was a little Bible-like. Her middle name is Joy, because of the impending holiday (Christmas).

Basil isn't in the bible... My grandmother was English, I used to LOVE the way she said the word Basil. We watch the "Naked Chef" and he says it the same way...I love it! His middle name is Nathaniel.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Misty got her name from her Misty grey color.
    Smokey got her name because she is a dark grey smoke color
    Tundra got her name cause she is white like the tundra
    Mr. Hoss got his name becasue my OLdest brother is Big hoss my 2nd oldest brother is medioum hoss and my little brotehr is lil hoss; and since Hoss is lil hoss's cat we named him Mr. Hoss
    Buddy got his name cause on x-mas eve My brother saw him and said hey little Buddy and the name has stuck every since.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Grasshopper

Remember Kung Fu - the original TV series? She just seemed to have that inquisitive yet wise bearing - of course, now I realize that for those reasons I could have just named her "Cat" -
    A wiser Kobear

Mini was originally Minnie (as in Mini Mouse) as she wasn't going to grow very big. Then we found out she was a he so we named him after the Mini car.

Shane named Jasmine sight unseen. He just liked the name.

Kobear - Grasshopper is a great name for the wise, all-knowing cat!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

The Humane Society had already named Storm and I liked the name because he's blue grey like a storm and it's a nice masculine sounding name. Before I adopted Pepper they were calling him Chocolate. I thought no way he's not a Chocolate. Since he's black and was full of energy or pep and he was sneezing a little bit , I thought of the name Pepper. For a while whenever I called out the name Pepper, both Storm and Pepper would come running. It was too funny. I named Sunny before I even adopted him because I was looking for an orange male kitten. The name suits him well because he's brought a lot of life and happiness to my household. I call him my little ray of sunshine.

Tilly got her name because I got her from a place called "Tillicum Mall" and it suits her because she is so cute and silly

Bassett got her name because when I got her, I thought she looked like Tiger ice cream, but I didn't want to go with Tiger or Tigger because there are lots of cats named that. So I thought what about Licorice? That didn't suit her at all. So I went with Bassett, which is a brand of Licorice Alsorts Candy. Most people want to know why I named my cat after a dog, but I didn't

For two of our cats, they are using the names they were adopted with, Jackson and Rosie. Our two kittens, one had a name, but we changed it to Twidgit, and we gave Ashton his name.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures