Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cookie the Waterdog

Lovely dog, wonderful scenery, great pics!

I really missed Cookie pictures! She has really grown into a beautiful Golden girl!! I am sure she is the apple of her mommies eyes. Tell her that Dusty would just love to go swimming with her sometime!

C C's mom..I was just wondering, are the pups bi-lingual???
    If so, what language do they respond to the best??
    I met a couple with a Belgium Malmois at a dog show and it only responded to French (but gave universal yummy kisses!!) It was really neat!

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Originally posted by K9karen
    C C's mom..I was just wondering, are the pups bi-lingual???
    If so, what language do they respond to the best??
    I met a couple with a Belgium Malmois at a dog show and it only responded to French (but gave universal yummy kisses!!) It was really neat!
    It's a rather complex situation at home. The home language is German, but my husband is learning to speak Dutch so we try to do some of that too.

The dog gets the commands mixed. There are a few in German and a few in Dutch (my native language), but since all the commands are given with handsigns too, she also knows them when I say them in English when for instance our relatives are here.
    Some commands are just much better in German, like 'Nein' (no) or 'Platz' (down).

When we say what the cats think, we speak in English with a huge German accent. But that's only for fun and only when nobody else is around.

Thanks Cookie for sharing the tale of your great adventure! You are such a beautiful doggie! And what a lovely place to swim and play with Mommy. Make sure your Mommy takes more pics and shares them all! You are such a sweetie

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    Thanks Cookie for sharing the tale of your great adventure! You are such a beautiful doggie! And what a lovely place to swim and play with Mommy. Make sure your Mommy takes more pics and shares them all! You are such a sweetie
    Mommy told daddy that we need a digital camera. Daddy told mommy she can get a job and buy one Since mom is a lazy bum and needs to take care of me, Cookie-Loukie, I guess we'll just have to do it with the normal camera and wait till mom develops another film.