Thread: Oh the misery.

Oh the misery.

Cameron and my youngest daughter had a stomach bug Christmas Day and now it seems its my turn, only I got it worse. I have a 101 degree fever, my hands are numb and stiff (typing this thread is very awkward.) I have been throwing up all day and nothing is staying down... I wanted a cookie telling hubby that I might as well enjoy it going down because I know it'll come back up He refused to let me have it

It stinks to be so dizzy and numb and needing to run to the bathroom every half hour to throw up food that isn't there.

To make matters worse, there is a contest at work for some serious bonus money and I'm going to lose it because I too today off and most likely won't be going in to work tomorrow. I was the front runner by a very small lead and now I'll lose that lead for missing a busy weekend. Drat!

You have our sympathy, but please keep the germs to yourself, we don't want them!

Aww that stinks. I'm sorry you are so ill. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Feel better, girlfriend.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I am bored out of my mind.... I called work and they're super busy (just my luck) and I had several customers come in for me (again, my luck)

I have to try to go to work tomorrow. Chances are I'll be leaving early, but at least I can give it a try. The ting thats bothering me most right now is the numbness and tightness in my hands. I can't type too well and its work to get my hands to open and close... weird, huh?

Kim, I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. I hope that you'll feel better soon. Please don't try to overdo it though. Take care.

Oh boy, something is going around on PT. I'm sorry that you're feeling so punk. Get well soon.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Kim, maybe you are dehydrated and that is causing the numbness in your hands. You need to get some rest!

Get better soon!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Kim, Lut has this too! GATORADE! Helps dehydration and puts the electrolytes back.

If you don't have any in the house, beg hubby to run down to the corner store and get you some.

I had the Norwalk virus two years ago - it sounds like what you and Lut have, tummy flu that can explode at both ends or one. Bless my friends that got the Gatorade for me (and some other items...I couldn't even drive for two days).

It's not a cure, Kim - but you will feel better!

HUGS!

Your health is the bonus that counts!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That numbness would worry me... that sounds like a strange symptom for the flu. If it doesn't get any better, or the numbness gets worse, please go see a doctor!!

I was just writing in Lut's thread that when I worked in the medical field the nurses swore by juice from canned peaches to calm the stomach. That and ice chips. It has worked for me. My mom even got me a case of peaches for my birthday this past year, just so I'd have some in stock (what are mom's for, right?? They worry more about us than we do about ourselves). I used to try to take some med to calm the stomach, but the nurses said that was "adding insult to injury" and to stick to ice chips and peach juice. Who knows why, but it did help.

Hope you are feeling better, and can go in to work and catch back up and win that bonus! What are you selling?? Can I help out and buy something cat pee proof?!

I am so sorry that you feel horrible. (and that you are missing the chance for that bonus).

You could also try Ensure. Might get some calories into you without being solid food.

REST is your best friend, though. Try to sleep.

Oops, so sorry that you're feeling so sick too now! I am getting better, but I am still very tired and feel cold all the time.
    Please take care of yourself

ps. I didn't get the Gatorade, because the doctor prescribed me something to add to water; it helps a lot! It is called O.R.S. , Oral Rehydration Salts.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge