Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicholas McHenry Campbell 12/23/07

Unhappy Nicholas McHenry Campbell 12/23/07

I am in shock as I write this thread. Our Nicholas was put to sleep at 626pm last evening. He fought a good fight against liver disease that came on so suddenly on Dec. 8th. When his blood results came back, the liver enzymes were thru the roof!! The vets promptly started him on meds, scheduled an ultrasound and biopsy. Nicholas was taken on Thursday evening to a very good 24h emergency clinic, and received excellent care. He was loved by all who cared for him. Nicholas was on " pass" for Christmas, and was to return on Wednesday. However, that was not meant to be. He had projectile vomiting Sunday morning, and became weaker as the day progressed. He collapsed at the water bowl and could not get up. At that point, Barry and I made the very sad decision to let him go. I called the vet at the ER clinic and she agreed that it was right thing to do. Then the call was made to Animerge and we brought Nicholas there. And he was put to sleep, he went very peacefully.
    Nicholas came to live with us on 3/1/1997 at about 8 months. He was THE personality at the house, the " Ring Leader" as our vet called him. Nicholas and Barry were devoted to each other, and Nicholas would play ball with Barry for hours!! And when Barry did not drop his bags when he walked in the door when he came home from work, Nicholas(who we think has some Meezer in him)would let Barry know in VERY graphic language!!!
    This was Nicholas' favourite time of the year.He loved the Christmas Tree and was known to be found napping amongst the branches, or among the presents under the tree!! His buddy, Riley, is very sad right now...
    Sleep softly, our sweet and dear Nicholas...We will look for you among all the stars tonight...We will always love you.....
    Sandra & Barry
    THANK YOU FREEDOM FOR POSTING NICHOLAS' PHOTO(POST 12)
    Last edited by kb2yjx; 12-25-2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: additional message
    Nine is Fine!!

Oh my, I'm so sorry about your Nicholas. Thank you, though, for doing the one last act of kindness for him, helping him to the Bridge. He's peacefully resting under a Yule tree now, enjoying the lights and their warmth. A candle burns for you all......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so sorry to hear this. LES
    RIP Nicholas
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry for your loss of Nicholas. Your fur baby is happy at the rainbow bridge enjoying the festive season with all the other rainbow bridge babies.

I am so sorry you have lost Nicholas.

I went back through some posts to find a pic, and didn't - but he sounds like a very handsome boy, a white meezer mix?

He had a bit of a battle with mast cell, and made it far past his tenth birthday...but that isn't ever long enough.

HUGS to you, and I am glad Nicholas' passing was peaceful.

Join the other kitties and batting the snowflakes, dear Nicholas - you are free and well now.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

OH NO!

I am so sorry to hear Nicholas lost his battle. RIP sweet boy. You will always be remembered.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to the family you left behind.

MY VET DR MARSALES TOLD ME WHEN PRECIOUS PASSED ON NOT TO THINK OF HER AS DYING, BUT BEING RELIEVED OF THE PAIN IN BEING IN A PYSICAL FORM THAT HAD WORN OUT.
    SHES IN A SPIRIT FORM NOW AND IS AN ETERNAL ANGEL NOW TRAVELLING WITH ALL OUR ANGELS IN THE PET ANGEL ARMY.
    LISTEN CAREFULLY TONIGHT AND YOU WILL HEAR NICHOLAS, SPUNKY, RALPH SYRACUSE , MICKEY ROO, ASHLEY, SYLIA PERROGOLI AND MISS BOO BOO KITTY AS THEY CELEBRATE PETMAS WITH YOU WITH FOOD FROM THE FINEST PUBS AND BISTROS IN LONDON.
    THEY ARE OUR PETS FURREVER AND FURREVER.AMEN.
    AND THEY SAY THAT IF YOU WANT THEM, JUST THINK OF THEM WHEN YOU DINE OUT AND THEY WILL JOIN YOU AND BE WITH YOU.
    AS THEY WILL YEARS FROM NOW WHEN YOU ARE REUNITED IN LOVE.
    ONE FINE DAY.
    Last edited by catmandu; 12-25-2007 at 08:20 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am sorry you lost Nicholas. May he RIP and play hard at The Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'm so sorry to hear about Nicholas. Liver disease is horrible, it's what took my Finnigan in March.

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Now he's painfree and playing happily up at the Bridge. You'll meet again some day. RIP sweet Nicholas.

Dear Sandy, Barry, and fur kids -- Nicholas was needed by his namesakes, St. Nick, to help with getting things ready for the Big Night. The Saint knew your Nicholas could handle the tasks, so he asked God to call him. Nicholas is now young, pain free, and rushing about with last minute packages (opening them rather than wrapping, perhaps?) and then he will be over at the Rainbow Bridge to enjoy some time there as well.

I am so sorry he had to leave you now. May he RIP, and may you find him in your hearts and memories to keep you company during 'his' favorite season.

Sandra sent this to me in email and asked me to share it:

(Nicholas on right; Riley on left)

As most of you already know, Nicholas was not at all well. On December 8th, he stopped eating. On December 10th, he was at the vet. Bloodwork showed that his liver enzymes were thru the roof. The next day, he had an ultrasound that showed no masses, all looked OK. December 15th, he was taken to Animerge(ER for animals). Back to our vet on Monday, stayed overnight for a repeat ultrasound with needle biopsy of the liver. Dr. Ascher called on Thursday evening, hepatic lipidosis was found, but not that drastic. She suggested taking Nick to Garden State Vet Hospital so he could have an " e-tube" placed so he could be fed, and prevent more hepatic lipidosis from occuring. While at GSVH, Nicholas was in the very capable hands of Dr. Pintar, who thought that Nicholas was just a great cat! The "e-tube" placed, Nicholas was tolerating the feeding. Nicholas would have a " pass" to be home for Christmas, then on Wednesday, return to Dr. Pintar, and on Thursday, have a laparoscopy with another liver biopsy.

I picked up a very happy " I want to get home" Nicholas yesterday afternoon. He tolerated his feeding very nicely, sat with HIS Barry for most of the evening. This morning, I was going to give him his feeding, and slowly flushed the tube with 2cc's of water, when Nicholas had projectile vomiting. I called GSVH, and reported this. Thoughout the day, Nicholas became weaker and weaker. At one point he collapsed at the water bowl. It was at this point, that Barry and I took a very long hard look at our boy. He looked horrible. And was just getting weaker. I called GSVH and spoke with the vet who discharged Nicholas on Saturday. I told her what was going on, how he was not even the same cat she saw on Saturday, and please let Dr. Pintar know how much we appreciated all that was done for Nicholas. I also told her, I thought that Nicholas did what he had to do to get home to say goodbye, and now, even though it was a very hard thing to do, it was best for Nicholas if we let him go while he still had some dignity left. She agreed.

Animerge was called. We took Nicholas there, and at 626pm, Nicholas left for the bridge. On our way home, it POURED. I am quite sure that NIcholas has something to do with that!!

Nicholas came to our house on March 1, 1997. He belonged to Sister Elizabeth McHenry at the Villa Maria. Nicholas was famous for his ball playing with Barry, his " ring leader " attitude, and was so VERBAL!!! He was a very special cat, who was always there and wanting your total attention. Riley(on the left in the photo of Nicholas)was his best buddy. Nicholas was the BIG Uncle that raised all the little kittens that came to the house. Next to Riley, I know that Sharon's Jasmine was his favourite.

It is never easy to say so long to one of these special creatures, especially when they are such a part of your life. Nicholas will be missed, esp. by Barry.....Sandra

I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP little one. You were well loved.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

What a beautiful handsome boy! Again, condolences to you and especially Dad Barry.

I know Ripley will be getting extra hugs, and I hope all of you find some comfort in the hugs and the memories.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so saddened to hear this. Saint Nicholas he must be. Play hard, you will be missed.

Hugs to you at this very sad time.
    Johanna