Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas...

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas...

As my family and I will not be celebrating until later. Today at approx. 12:30, my grandpa, Bammy, passed away. He had been in the hospital for 3 months and was very sick. However, he had been getting better, but he would possibly have never been able to walk again and probably would have had to go into a nursing home. He wouldn't have liked that. He is...or was... a very proud man. He lived for his grandchildren, that is who he hung on for.

I haven't really cried yet... I just can't believe he is actually gone. But I do know he will always be with me.

Right now we're trying to find places for the dogs to go, and figure out how we are getting to Sasktchewan, as the highways are all closed.

This photo was taken summer 2005, I think. I had photoshopped out his oxygen tubes. Don't know why. Oh well. Here is my Bamster.....

Rest in peace, Bammy.

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here if I don't get online anytime before.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I am so sorry you lost your grandfather right before christmas that is really sad. R.I.P. Bammy.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm so sorry about your grandpa.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry Jessica. (((HUGS)))
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

{{{{hugs}}}}

Death doesn't know holidays...

I do hope when you and your family have a Christmas, there will be some happy and warm memories for you to share about your Bamster.

Did you call him "Bamster" to his face? I have a feeling that got a great smile out of him.

{{{{hugs}}}} again.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Awwww....I am sosorry for your loss. ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I am so sorry for your loss!

Losing someone at Christmas is so tough. I hope you and your family will remember that your "Bamster" would want you to celebrate the season in some small way. This will honor the season and his memory. He looks like such a sweetie.

Robin

I am so very sorry to hear of your grandfathers passing, and so close to Christmas

Hopefully when everyone gets together you can all tell some good stories about him and have a smile. I'm sure that's what he'd want.

Many (((HUGS))) to you and your family

Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Last night the moon was full and high up in the sky. Beside it, was a single bright star, the only one out. I noticed it as we were driving to Saskatoon. This morning we received a call that Jersey had run away last evening, and they hadn't told us until this morning as they didn't want to upset us.

Thankfully, someone found Jersey this morning and brought her to the humane society.

Then I thought about it. That star was my Bammy, and he was shining brightly for Jersey. Bammy often lectured me about making sure I still spend time with friends (as he knows I would chose hanging out with my dogs over my friends any day), but he also knew how deeply I cared about animals. Thank you God and thank you Bammy for keeping Jersey safe and helping her find her way back home.

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Wow. I'm surprised how few responses this thread got. But all that matters to me is the ones who did respond and say well wishes for my family. All I can say is that I know of one or two PTers who, if they had a thread like this, would have had three pages of replies by now. Sad that the internet is like that.

But now I do know who I can really value on PT.

Merry Christmas to all those who replied.

BC Mom...I too have noticed fewer replies in the last 12 hours...I think folks are just tied up with immediate Christmas stuff.

Give it a couple of days for folks to catch up with themselves.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Don't get hurt I think its just the holidays. I am really sorry about your Grandfather.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    Wow. I'm surprised how few responses this thread got. But all that matters to me is the ones who did respond and say well wishes for my family. All I can say is that I know of one or two PTers who, if they had a thread like this, would have had three pages of replies by now. Sad that the internet is like that.

But now I do know who I can really value on PT.

Merry Christmas to all those who replied.

BCMom, please don't take it personally. I don't go to general very often and just now saw this. I am so sorry about your grandpa. He looked like a very sweet man. I'm sure he will be looking down on you this Christmas.... I know it will be hard to but I hope you will have a Merry Christmas
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

It's hard for some to convey their sympathy in rough times.

I am very sorry about your grandfather. My stepmother passed on in January of this year, so I feel for you.

I lost my grandfather a week before Christmas 4 years ago. I'm sorry you have to go through this too *HUGS* Prayers on the way to you and your family.