Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: women: epilators?

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"

women: epilators?

I've never tried one before. I'm thinking about trying one with Christmas money, but don't want to if it won't be worth the money. I have a fairly high pain tolerance. My leg hair is quite coarse. I hate shaving!

Please, ladies, my furry legs ask for your input!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Ugh, I tried one *once* when I was a teenager, and never again. For one thing, it caused me to have a lot of ingrown hairs afterwards, lots of red bumps as the hair grew back. I would maybe try something different like waxing? good luck with your decision!

the one i had rips your leg hair out by the roots. the one and only time i used it, my mom did the 40 yard sprint to find out why i was wailing like a banshee. and the hair grew back....i would never use it again, ever.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

LOL I tried one once. Never again.

I would suggest waxing (you can get home waxing kits) over one of those beasts lol. It is terrible and while you may have a high pain tolerance why put yourself through that everytime you have to shave. It also left ungodly red bumps all over my legs and they were ITCHY as all get out.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Torture device! I tried it once and will never use one again.

Yuk. Never again. Save your $$$ for something FUN!

I depsise shaving too, but, hey, ya gotta do whatever it takes. I was going to buy the new (Nair??) foam/bladeless razor but the instructions were too much for me. I could do a regular shower shave 10x before I even got started. What women don't go through.

BTW, I heard a girl get her legs waxed in a private room at the salon. She came out and her legs were BLOOD red and irritated. For me, let's see....more back surgery...leg wax...surgery..leg wax...

I've been Boooo'd!

I have one and use it no problem. I like it and only find it hurts around my ankles, the rest of my leg is fine. After years or using it and waxing, I have very little leg hair, and have some patches where no hair grows at all.

My tips...

Use it at night, skin seems more taunt then
    you can take an aspirin before to cut down on irritation (I don't)
    exfoliate
    don't use it when you have your period or the days leading up to it
    it will take getting use to, after 2 or 3 uses, its a breeze

Well, for someone who hates pain, I actually prefer waxing. I can't do it myself though... I'm a wimp when it comes to ripping it off! If someone else was doing the epilator thing for me, I might be ok, but when I tried it myself, forget about it! It's pure masochism.

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen
    [COLOR=Indigo]

I depsise shaving too, but, hey, ya gotta do whatever it takes. I was going to buy the new (Nair??) foam/bladeless razor but the instructions were too much for me. I could do a regular shower shave 10x before I even got started. What women don't go through.

BTW, I heard a girl get her legs waxed in a private room at the salon. She came out and her legs were BLOOD red and irritated. For me, let's see....more back surgery...leg wax...surgery..leg wax...
    I've tried the cream rinse stuff, and all it did was super irritate my skin. If there were any razor bumps, it actually ate through the skin. It was horrible.

I've been doing waxing for a while now. I used to get electrolysis done previously. Try having a needle stuck in your hair follicle and getting each one zapped individually. Not fun. And NOT permanent.

I have a hormone imbalance, so I do get a reaction with my skin sensitivity and will get some excess facial hair... I was on the pill to give more estrogen to my body, but that caused high blood pressure (200/140). So, I had to choose... vanity or health?? I chose health, so now I just do facial waxing when I need it (upper lip, chin area).

I used to get more of a reaction when I first started the waxing, but it's been less and less the longer it's been done. They also use a cream on my face after I get it done. It's really soothing and calming to the skin. Even the Bikini Zone stuff works well for it.

My one boyfriend had me wax his back once... that was just a bad idea from the get go. But he wanted it done. It was therapeutic for me since he had been ticking me off , but I felt bad for the reaction his skin had. I put aloe on it for him for days.

You like pain?? Then go for it!! We sell those gadgets at BB&B and they are always being returned because the women say it hurts.

How about an electric shaver instead???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

What about Electrolysis? My sister has that done. She's gone every week for the past year and she gets a little more done every time. She started with her eyebrows, I think, and now she's moved on to other places, I don't know if she's done any of her legs yet.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I use one and have for at least 10 years, and I really like it. The hairs don't seem to grow back as quickly. Once every month is enough. The first time you use it, it hurts a bit more, as the hairs are longer, but after that it's no problem. Mine has two settings - read the instructions! Go for it, I'm sure you'll like it!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I have an eletric razor, and it also has an epilator head, used it on an inch of my leg,once, and I have a fairly high pain tolerency too, NEVER NEVER NEVER would use it on my whole leg. Never.

I had laser hair removal done on my lip a few years ago. I think it took about 6 sessions and felt like a rubber band snap. Uhhhh..not just the kind the kid in the back room of your class zinged at you for no reason, folks, I mean agony. I guess there's certain pain sensations I handle better than other, because as I tried to keep my upper body rigid, I kept kicking my leg in the air! It worked for months, but alas..the fuzzies are back. I saw on TV a new procedure called "Soprano" and it's PERMANENT (Woo! Woo!) laser. The doc who developed it said (shock) shaving with a razor is always the best way to go. The hair does not grow back thicker or coarser. In fact, they razor the lip/chin first before treatment.

Whoopsie. Got carried away..nuthin' to do with legs, sorry, but since we were sharing our folicles on the internet, I thought, what the heck!

I've been Boooo'd!

Anyone remember this thread in Dog House a few weeks back?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=135161
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda