Thread: Good deed...

Good deed...

I went into D&D to get coffee. I saw one of the homeless guys that sleeps in our back hallway. I bought him coffee and a donut. I brought it over to him and said, Merry Christmas. The look on his face was priceless.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Aww well done you!!!!! Feels good doesn't it?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

we take for granted a lot of things. A coffee and a donut is nothing to us but to someone who is cold and hungry it means so much. More people need to do little things like this. If we took the time or the few pennies needed to do something for someone who needs it the world would be a different place.

Good on you Donna...a lot of people could learn to take that lesson from your actions.

(((((HUGS)))))
    You are a kind hearted and very sweet lady.
    Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

You should feel warm and fuzzy for doing that!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Aww thats so sweet. great job!!! we dont really have homeless people around although once there was a guy and I bought him a burger when I saw him looking through trash. Its sad because I know that guy could get a job but just wont and when he does have money he buys beer.

When I worked in downtown Chicago, there were always homeless people around. Sad.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

val, you rock! a jewel in your crown my dear.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Donna, I always knew you were a caring, giving person and by giving that homeless man something to make his life a little easier, this shows me how big your heart is. {{{{HUGs{{{{, Donna!

It did make me feel good, and his smile made it all worth while. When you hear some of their stories, it makes you really think, and GREATFUL that you have what you do in your life. One minute you can have it all and in a heartbeat the rug could be pulled out from under you.

It made me realize how very close I came to being in that position. I shudder.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

GOD BLESS YOU, DONNA!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

That was very nice of you!!! I try to do nice things every day!

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight
    we take for granted a lot of things. A coffee and a donut is nothing to us

Michelle

Speak for yourself. Someone who offers me a coffee and donut will be appreciated regardless of whether I could go buy for myself.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Folks who don't live in cities with a lot of visible homelessness can still get that warm glow online here - America's Second Harvest. It's not just the homeless who don't have enough to eat - elderly/injured people who spent all their money on rent & medicine, folks who have lost their jobs and not found another yet, veterans falling through the ever-widening cracks in the VA, families who can get by in the summer but are getting frozen out by the price of heating fuel. And, of course, the homeless.

Food pantries are facing unprecedented shortages. Even $1 will go surprisingly far - don't give up just because that's all you can spare; anything will help! Anybody know the analogous link for Canada?

Love, Columbine