Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Pictures of Buffy, the Chihuahua

Purrley,

I'll say a prayer for you. I know OUT THERE is a little long-hair chihuahua just waiting for you. I think it'll be amusing the interaction between a tiny chi and your cats. At first they'll find her amusing so you'll need to be careful they don't attack or scratch her eyes, but chi's are very adaptable to other pets. It's a misconception that that chihuahuas only like other chihuahuas. With our next door neighbors' cat, Buffy just circles him as if wanting to play, but the cat totally ignores her. It would probably take a few weeks for your cats to adapt to a little chi, but thereafter they would even probably sleep together.

Keep us posted and GOOD LUCK! Here's praying the new year brings you this adorable pet in your life: you will never regret owning one.
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Oh Barbiro! If Logan IS our official recruiter for Golden's on Pet Talk, then you are our very own walking, talking, picture posting Chihuahua spokeswoman! How can anyone resist scooping up one of these precious babies after seeing those adorable pics.! Oh, how CUTE!!!!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Awwwwww tatsxxx11, that is wonderful. I'm honored.

I just think it's great if someone wants to research a breed, to see as many pics as possible.

I just adore Buffy!
    Barbi

I haven't had the chance to follow up on this post. Now I have.

Purrley, sorry about the chi situation. Maybe you could save one? The adoption fees are alot less than $600. Try www.petfinder.com.

Barbiro, my husband and I have been talking about getting our German Shepherd/Wolf mix a little friend. Andrew wants a Jack Russell, and I want a chi. We will not buy one, we want to adopt it. I found a female chi on Pet Finder and we are going to see it this weekend. I am excited about it. She is beautiful. 1 year old and weighs 7 pounds. Andrew and I decided we were extremists: Drake is 85 pounds (will get bigger since he hasn't filled out yet) and the other dog we are considering is 7!

Do you think they will get along?

Well...never a dull moment with our pets. My daughter Maggie called me at work histerical that Buffy's face was VERY swollen. She was a nervous wreck and I suggested she take her to the vet right away. The vet stated she must have gotten stung by an insect when Maggie was taking her out for a walk. Her face was severely swollen and she acted as though she was in pain. The vet gave her an allergy shot plus an antibiotic. After 2 hours of observation, thank God it worked. Her swelling started going down and Maggie was able to take her home.
    Barbi

Whew - thank god she's OK - I don't need to worry about the bug problem till spring - too darn cold right now