I went out to get my mail today on my front porch, and I notice that the cat carrier that I had behind a chair, covered with a blanket, for a local stray, is GONE. The carrier was NOT in a dark corner. It was directly beneath my front porch light, which is on all night, and has a motion sensor on it as well. The carrier wasn't totally visible from the street, you had actually come up and look to see what was under the blanket behind the small chair. So, this means that someone either: knew what was there and came and took it, or, came up on my front porch, stood in front of my front door, and stooped down to see what was under the blanket, behind the chair, and then removed it and walked off my porch. Oh yeah, they took the dish of cat food with them too.

This is disturbing me to no end.

This is not the first item that has gone missing from my front porch. Before I've had Amazon.com packages disappear, a wrought iron chair, and then a porch flag, pole and bracket removed from my one front porch post. The bracket had been afixed really well, and had the screws drilled into the post and was not loose in any way.

What makes people so brazen that they just do these things?! I'm thinking of getting a video camera to use as surveillance on my porch (not that there is much of anything out there to take, but still!).

I'm really getting tired of things being stolen, and how the people in my neighborhood are acting. Thanksgiving weekend I had my neighbor two doors up outside his house, rambling incoherently at midnight, and throwing boxes off of the other neighbor's front porch and yelling at them in their house (although they weren't home at the time... ). He was saying how he was tired of their garbage, and how he knew they were watching him, and then he goes on to say "PISS ON YOU! PISS ON YOU!!" and he PEES on their front steps!!! I was standing outside, and yelled at him, which made him pee all over himself, but geez!!!! He's a Vietnam vet, who has some issues, but for goodness sake!! The neighbors that he did this to were just floored, and had no idea what to say to him. I cleaned up their things that he threw off the porch and onto the sidewalk because I didn't want them coming home and wondering what happened and getting freaked out. I emailed them and let them know, actually.

I just don't know what is going on here, or with society. I'm just shaking my head at it all. Back to the cat carrier and food, had someone come to me and said they just found a cat/kitten, and needed a carrier, and did I have any food, I probably would have helped them out, because that's just me. But to just take something that isn't yours, and to be so brazen about it, it's just really ticking me off.