Thread: To the owner of Tygi..what a treasure! a question for you!

To the owner of Tygi..what a treasure! a question for you!

Hello! Tygi is a beauty both in spirit and body. You wrote a lovely story about her and the photo is one of the best I have ever seen! I am a 10year foster mother to our local non kill cat humane society, we have a housefull of one of a kind felines! I am looking for a digital camera and am always on the look out for beautiful cat photos, especially ones taken from inside with a flash. I am writing this post because I was so impressed with your photograph and I am hoping that you could tell me what type of camera you used. Thank you very much.
    Also, allergies to cats are a tricky thing! In most cases it is the specific cat's saliva that people are allergic to, they bathe themselves by licking which deposits their saliva on their fur, a person then pets the fur which has them in contact with the saliva! So, this means your son most likely is not allergic to Tygi's saliva. We see it in our shelter, a person can pet a kitten/cat and be highly allergic, we tell them to give it a few weeks and when it settles down to come back and try again, they then come back and find one that they are fine with, adoption success!
    Also, if anyone else reads this and is pleased with their digital camera please share the model, make and your successes!
    Thank you-
    BJ

Camera/Tygi

I have a Canon A530, 6 megapixel, 4X zoom, works great.

By the way, Tygi is cute, too!

TYGI CERTAINLY IS ONE GO GETTER OF A CAT.
    WHEN HE WANTS A SEAFOOD SUPPER, HE DOES NOT JUST SIT ABOUT AND WAIT, HE GOES RIGHT TO THE SOURCE TO GET HIS DINNER AS FRESH AS IT CAN BE.
    TYGI IS SUCH A HANDSOME CAT OF THE FUTURE AND WE ENVY YOU FOR ALL THE YEARS OF FUN THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE WITH TAHT TERRIFIC TABBY WHEN HE GETS HIS GROWTH!!!

THE LUCKY FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CATS ALL SEND A CAT OF THE FUTURE MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW OUT TO SUPER STAR TYGI OUR NEWEST CAT OF THE DAY.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Tygi

You have a beautiful cat. If this is your first cat, there may be some things you don't know but let me tell you if your son loves his Beta fish then you need to cover the fish bowl!!

It is a cat's nature to prowl and hunt. If you find the bowl empty some day, it's quite likely that part of your cat's DNA kicked into gear and he simply was intrigued by this thing swimming by and taunting him and he reached in and pulled it out and ate it. It's also not healthy for a cat to drink from a fish bowl. The cat needs a fresh bowl of water every day and not with a fish pooping in it. Just a couple of suggestions. All the best to you and Tygi.

Tygi, you are just precious! I love the story of you going home on public transit. My nephew's RB kitty Churchill was guard-cat to a goldfish named Speedy, and refused to drink water from any vessel other than the fish bowl. They both lived to a ripe old age. So I say, if that's what you want to do - and if it works for the betta fish and your humans - go for it.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Tygi you certainly are adorable!!!

I couldn't help but smile at your wonderful picture!!!
    I loved reading your bio too. You sound like a girl on the go for sure!!!

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About that fish dinner ....

Beautiful picture!

Nothing is cutter than a kitten at a fishbowl.

But a word of caution. When she gets a bit older she will “fish” that little dude out of there in an instant.

Definitely something to think about, from one who has had to replace a small fish ....

Len White

What a classic cat picture! The amber in the photo really shows off the color in her fur. It's cute... but I have to say, I know that look in Tygi's eye, and she wants a fish snack. Sooner or later she's going to figure out how because cats are clever little beings. Best to close the bowl while allowing air holes for your fish, and fresh water is best for your Tygi. May they both stay well, live happy lives and reward you returning the love you give them.

Hooray!!! A Jersey Girl!!!!!!!!!

The Campbell Clan is just so thrilled to see the Jersey Girl, Tygi, as our COTD!!! A very pretty little lady!!! HAPPY COTD!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Oh My my Tygi your such a wittle Cutie Sweetie Pie.. Congrats on Cat of the Day

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

What a stunning beauty you are, Tygi! And I wholeheartedly agree with my fellow Pet Talkers, your photo is nothing short of breathtaking...kudos to the talented photographer. but then again, it's hard to miss when the subject matter is as beautiful as YOU! And while I'm no expert on purebreds, you sure do look like a Bengal to me!

For a first time kitty family, with allergy issues, and fishies to consider, well, could your story have had a happier ending?! Even your Betta buddies give your homecoming two fins up! Congratulations on finding the perfect forever family, Tygi! I hope you're having a fun day celebrating your much deserved reign as Cat of the Day, that you're being spoiled rotten! Hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Tygi!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

To Barbiecat1, thank you

Dear Barbiecat1, thank you for replying to my message and telling me about your favorite camera: I have a Canon A530, 6 megapixel, 4X zoom, works great. I wish others had done the same!
    thanks BJ