Thread: Have a quick question

Have a quick question

I have been looking for breeders,The ones we were talking about turns out to be alot of false information so we are not going with either one.

In Canada we have a site called"Dogs in Canada",I was wondering for the ones who live in the states do you have something like this?Where you can view breeders from all over?

Thanks in Advance!

Most of the sites we have like that are typically just a bunch of backyard breeders....You can go to most any breed club website and find a directory of reputable breeders for that breed. The AKC has a breeder referral section on their website as well.

I'm having no luck finding anything,There is no websites to see there dogs or anything.

If you PM me I can help you find some..is their a specific breed you have in mind?

Lori, check out the Northern Breed link at www.everythinghusky.com
    there are link to breeders all over the world, many in Canada. It's a wonderful site, everything from sledding supplies to chat forums. I always look there first if I need "siberian" info. Also, I will pm you my Sherman & Jack's breeder's info - they know Sibe people everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Lori, check out the Northern Breed link at www.everythinghusky.com
    there are link to breeders all over the world, many in Canada. It's a wonderful site, everything from sledding supplies to chat forums. I always look there first if I need "siberian" info. Also, I will pm you my Sherman & Jack's breeder's info - they know Sibe people everywhere.
    thats a great site..i just PM'd you Lori..but I'd take a look here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan
    I'm having no luck finding anything,There is no websites to see there dogs or anything.
    A lot of reputable breeders don't bother with websites because they don't need it and they don't have the time or money to maintain it.

If you want a REAL reputable breeder, you have to call these folks or e-mail them and meet them in person. Pretty websites don't mean a darn thing.

Is there a reason why you need a pup from a breeder and not a rescue?

I agree with Sophie, completely!

The problem with websites, as you've encountered, is that it's so incredibly easy for a bad breeder to make themselves look good, by lying or by hiding the truth.

I agree that e-mailing and calling breeders directly will give you much better, more reliable info. As well as attending shows (or working trials) and meeting the breeders and their dogs in person, as much as possible, or getting references from reputable breeders that you meet.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz