Thread: Chronic Kidney Failure Food Recipe

Chronic Kidney Failure Food Recipe

Hi everyone,

Last week Emily (my name sake) was diagnosed with chronic kidney failure by my vet. So they suggested that I take her off dry food and convert her to a wet food diet for kidney failure.

Well I converted everyone to a diet of homemade cat food about a year ago (because one of the others has IBD and can not tolerate commerical cat food). I am in the process of looking for recipes for home made cat food for kidney failure.

I looked on the web and came up with a couple, but if other people have some or use a specific supplement I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

I Cant Think Of The Name Of The Book, But I Know That Are Are Some Books In Our Library That Have Recipes Fot Cats And Dogs That Use Natural Ingredients.
    I Know That The Lucky Paradise Hotel Cats Like The Sausage/egg/cheese Casseroles That I Amke.
    I Would Check Your Library Under Pet Cook Books.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I would not dare to make this food myself. This: http://www.felinecrf.com/ is IMO the best website for kitties with kidney problems and you get a lot of information about food as well. It has to be low in protein (a fact Filou doesn't like), low in phosphor and the cat cannot lose weight.
    Nevertheless- here are links:
    http://www.holisticat.com/rxdiets.html
    http://users.ameritech.net/critterz/crf_recipes.htm

Filou now is in kidney failure for 2,5years and I am happy that with weekly fluids and a diet he is still a happy boy. I hope Emily will also do well with whatever you decide as a diet.