Thread: Worried...

Worried...

Spencer has been having runny BMS for the past two days, and has only been eating dog food and chewing on his bone that he has had for the last few weeks. but last night he ATE alot, more than normal and this morning he had a BM outside and i thought he was okay til tonight but when i was in the shower and came out he had another BM all over the living room, it wasnt runny but didnt look normal.

is he eating too much? I fill his dish (about two cups) once in the morning and once at night, so he gets about 4 cups a day at MAX. is that too much...should i cut down to 2 cups a day?

what will help his BMs?

thanks
    Mommy's Little Girl

The proper amount for your dog should be on the bag. Base it on the weight he should be, not what he is.

I follow the bag directions for my cats, and it works well.

The only exception is if your vet has given different feeding instructions for him.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

How old is he, and what breed? 4 cups sound like a lot for a grown dog. Mine only get a 1 and 1/3 mixed with some watered down wet.

If he is having runny stools, fast him for 24 hours.

You can also try adding a bit of PLAIN, REGULAR canned pumpkin to his kibble.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

If the fasting doesn't work you may want to have him checked for worms. What heartworm preventative is he on? Some cover other worms, some don't.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    How old is he, and what breed? 4 cups sound like a lot for a grown dog. Mine only get a 1 and 1/3 mixed with some watered down wet.

If he is having runny stools, fast him for 24 hours.

You can also try adding a bit of PLAIN, REGULAR canned pumpkin to his kibble.
    He's a Cocker, and if yours only getthat much then I would think he is getting way too much.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee