Thread: At the end of my leash -- training show

At the end of my leash -- training show

Has anyone seen this show?
    I just watched 2 episodes and the trainer is such a a**.
    He's rude and he seems to me to be a little rough with the dogs.
    In the one episode he gave a couple a baby because they were expecting one so he gave them one of the ones that you get in school. He installs cameras in their house and on the same episode he sprayed the owner with a hose because he was mad that he did it to the dog..
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I've never heard of the show, but the trainer sounds like a kook!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I don't like it either. I think the show is cheesy.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I watch it, and I don't think there is anything wrong about the way Brad trains the dogs. He is brutally honest, sometimes that's the only way you can get through some peoples thick skulls. In one episode, this dog was extremely aggresive and liked to run away - if Brad wasn't there to "train" the family, she probably would've bitten someone, or another dog - or she would've been hit by a car. Some dogs need a firmer hand, and I think he does a great job at that.

Yes, he can be too honest with people, but I think if it's going to fix your dog, and make him a wonderful companion, why not?

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

what channel does this play on?

I've never seen it. I'm from what I'm hearing I'm glad I haven't. Are you in the US? I've never seen it on TV.

I still don't think he is right, I think I know what episode your talking about and he made the little girl cry.

It was on channel 137 on digital cable but I think that's a discovery chanel.

No I live in Canada.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

You can also watch it on the Slice channel.

I have never heard of the show either, but you do not have to be rude or harsh to teach people how to train their dog. I went to a particular dog training place in the area to look around and check it out because it is the only one in the area that offers fly ball. They have a very good reputation, and I often hear the owner's name mentioned when people are looking for help with problem dogs. The lady was "barking" at all of the people; very abrupt, rude, at times downright nasty (but nice to the dogs). I walked out knowing that I would never sign up for one of her classes. I would not pay anyone money to speak to me like that. Show me by example not by humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    you do not have to be rude or harsh to teach people how to train their dog.

I think SOME people you do, i've never seen this show, but still, it sounds like he goes WAYYYYYYY too far.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpatata6
    I think SOME people you do
    If you have to be rude to get your point across there is something wrong with your teaching technique (not with the people who are putting in the extra time, money and patience to make their dog a welcome member of the family).

I haven't seen or even heard of the show until this thread. But reading through this, it sounds like it picks up from the reality TV shows, which I also don't watch. The "judges," "panelists" or whatever seem to think they have humiliate people.

The show is not just about fixing your dog, but about fixing yourself too. In every episode I have watched, the dog has caused a problem in the relationship between husband/wife, parent/child, boyfriend/girlfriend etc. In the end, the bond with not only your dog is stronger, but with each other as well. He has saved a lot of dogs from being euthanized or re-homed because of simple human errors. If he wasn't blunt and honest with some of these people, I bet they wouldn't still have their dogs. In the episode with a Great Dane, the owner threw water at the dogs face (because she was barking) - Brad then did it right back to the guy, to show how completely unnecessary it was.

That's just my opinion, a lot of people I know can't stand the guy, but the show always has a happy ending.

Brad is a dog advocate and human-being life coach...

At the End of My Leash helps dogs help owners help themselves. And the first step is admitting they have a problem. In each episode, strung out dog owners will call in Brad to help save their relationship, not just with the dog – but as it turns out later, with each other as well. Brad will identify the problem behaviour and the cause of it, come up with some very specific strategies and instructions to fix it, and then stand back and watch. And beware. There’s no ‘the dog ate my homework’. There’s no telling of tales. Brad is there all the time, day and night, day after day with video cameras in almost every room. It’s obedience training for owners.
    At the End of My Leash