Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music soothes the beast!

Music soothes the beast!

Not sure if this video link is going to work but the other night my husband sat down to play a bit of piano, something he hadn't done since we brought our new guy Paddy home. As soon as the notes hit the air, Paddy made a beeline for the music and hopped up and proceeded to sit on the piano seat for 3 full songs. There must have been a piano player in Paddy's last family because it was as if it was so familiar to him.
    Sorry the film is so dark, used our digital camera instead of a regular video camer.
    p.s. our piano is temporarily in our front entrance right next to our front door because we're doing some work to our livingroom so it looks a bit strange.

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=MVI_2981.flv

WOW - your husband plays so well!!

That's so cute that Paddy loves music. Thanks for sharing.

OH MAN! I was really loving hearing that music when it just suddenly ended! Yep! She was enjoying it too.. I was reading somewhere on the internet just a few days ago that they find some music soothing and that BOOM BOOM music riles them up bad!

Gee, listening to him brought back so old memories that brought tears to my eyes. My Dad use to play but he didn't really like to so he didn't play often. My Aunt played and we would gather around the piano and sing while she played when we would go to Grandma's on Sunday's and the Holidays. They are gone now. Thanks for the music and the walk down memory lane for me... such sweet memories of when we were kids.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Your husband sure does play the piano well and Paddy sure is enjoying it.

Aw, that is so sweet. What a little buddy your husband has. Several years ago I managed a band of musicians from S. Africa and one of them played an indigenous instrument called the berimbow. Whenever he played it, Puddy would come running and sit at his feet during the entire time. Cats are amazing creatures, aren't they?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

WOW!!!
    Not only does Paddy loves your Husbands piano playing but the Lucky Found Paradise Hotel Cats are gathered around as well, the way that they do when I put my Jelly Roll Morton CD on.
    Please Thank Your Husband for the concert.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Lucy, my black barn cat liked the piano playing too!

What a nice video. I too enjoyed hearing your hubby play. I have had cats in the past, that really liked opera! Aren't they funny little things? Glad you had a positive response from your Paddy and not some howling foolish thing!

Just lovely! Oh the kitty was lovely, too!

It must be the style of music. I play the organ. It is electronic (bought in 1976, not these new fangled keyboards; I haven't figured those out yet.) I have 2 fuull keyboards, a 3rd half keyboard / synthesizer, and 26 pedals. Mostly, I play music from the 1970's.

I can clear a room of cats in 20 seconds! They don't even like the Christmas carols and hymns.

Thanks everybody for all the wonderful comments about my husband's piano playing. He's thrilled that everyone is being so nice about it! LOL I enjoy listening to his music too! I was thinking I shouldn't even post the video because it's so dark but now I'm sure glad I did. He's going to try out some christmas songs tonight on Paddy.

Awww....that was so sweet! Does your husband read music or play by ear? It didn't seem like he needed to read the music to me. What beautiful playing!

Paddy is a music lover like my cat Casey is...whenever one of us whistles a tune (he particularly likes the theme song to the British show "Black Adder"), he will come running over and curl up on your lap and pit pat on your stomach and purr. Whenever I sing, he does the same thing. Sometimes, he will listen for a while, leave, and then come back....the music always seems to draw him back!

Thank you for sharing!!!

Andrea

Music soothes the beast

Bravo to your very talented husband! I had to watch the video twice...once to watch your adorable kitty and again to sit back and just listen to your husband's beautiful music. If your husband doesn't object, please post some of his Christmas music for us?

Thank you so very much for this extra special 2 in 1 treat!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Your husband is very talented (loved the song too). I have always loved piano music since I was a child. I think it's a hoot that Paddy sits with him while he plays. Paddy certainly has good taste in music.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Your husband is very talented and Paddy is adorable! I love music and the cats don't seem to be bothered one way or another EXCEPT for bagpipes!! That sends them right into the closet..much to the chagrin of my Scottish boyfriend...

What beautiful music! And so sweet with Paddy sitting there enjoying it. Please thank your husband for me and thank Paddy for introducing the lovely playing via Pet Talk!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

xmas songs...

Thanks again everybody. I've been reading all the posts to my husband and was so happy to find 4 more today!
    MOMCAT, back by popular demand, here is the Paddy/Hubby duo with two christmas tunes for you! LOL
    p.s. Towards the end of the second song Paddy does the sweetest thing. He's just about to split the scene but before he does, he gives his dad a head bonkie as if to say 'thanks for playing but it's getting late and I gotta run'
    p.p.s. He's still learning these xmas songs so they're are a few patchy spots.
    p.p.p.s. Does anyone else have some cat and music videos? I'd love to see them!

PADDY ENJOYS XMAS SONGS WITH DAD
    Last edited by Emeraldgreen; 11-25-2007 at 10:33 PM.