Thread: Please Help!!!

Please Help!!!

We have been living in our apartment for about a week now, and this is the first time in about 6months that Spencer has been inside..in the summer he stayed outside in his dog house (when it wasnt cold). and 6 months ago we lived in another apartment and he did fine with potty training but now...he will go by the door when he needs to go out, and i take him out and he goes pee but then just sits there and looks around, like he gets distracted, and wont take a BM, then as SOON as he comes in the house he will go to the bathroom on the floor.

i think that he thinks, that as soon as he goes to the bathroom on the floor he can go outside again...like a walk. but i do punish him ..i say "Spencer, Naughtey! what did you do?!" and point my finger at him, he knows he does wrong because he goes straight in his kennel

why is he doing this? I can stay outsdie for the longest time and he wont go to the bathroom.

please help!
    Mommy's Little Girl

Animals DO need exercise to keep the insides moving. Do you have stairs up to the apartment? Maybe thebclimb back up is all he needs to "get things moving." When you take him out, after his pee, take him for a walk around the building, or up the street a short ways and back. That may help.

Pointing at him and telling him he's naughty only prooved to him one thing: that going potty is something to be ashamed of and something he shouldn't do, because if he does do it, you will yell at him. Or at least thats how he sees it.

Secondly, a lot of dogs who opt to potty as soon as they come inside do it because they think going potty automatically means a trip back inside. So they hold it just to remain outside longer. Then as soon as they are brought back inside they go potty because there's no reason to hold it any longer -- they're inside already anyway. If he fits this category, the trick is to keep him outside for a while after he potties so he doesn't think potty=end of time outside.

1) stay outside UNTIL THE DOG ELIMINATES.
    2) IF you come back in before he has a bowel movement, put him IN HIS CRATE. NO freedom in the house unless he has eliminated.
    3) Walk BRISKLY with the dog when you take him out. As mentioned above, exercise stimulates intestinal results.
    4) STRONGLY REWARD for ALL outdoor elimination. Use the tastiest food reward you can dig up. Use this ONLY for successful outdoor elimination, along with lots of praise, and smiles.
    5) STOP punishing the dog for indoor elimination. If an accident happens, no one is to blame but YOU, for you should have had the dog outdoors where he should be to eliminate. Punishing the dog for indoor elimination, particularly after the fact, will teach the dog one thing: to HIDE from you to eliminate. It may make it MUCH harder to get the dog to eliminate in front of you EVEN OUTDOORS. STOP punishing him for relieving himself indoors. START strongly rewarding him for eliminating OUTDOORS.

Champion and Obedience titled Rottweilers

ALWAYS owner handled and trained.
    I CARE ABOUT HEALTH SCREENING
    All remarks are my opinion only.

No part of this post may be copied, pasted, or forwarded without my express permission.
    Property of the original poster only.

the excersie thing worked..i walked him around last night and he went, and this morning i took him out and he peed but didnt have a bowel, so we went back inside, and he sat there looking at me like he did something wrong, so i took him outside again and we walked around but still nothing, but as soon as we got by the door he went, it wasnt the greatest spot cuz i still had to clean it off the stairs but atleast he went outside.

so i think thats all he needs is exercise to get them insides moving..

so to help me understand..if he didnt have a bowel and we come back inside put him in his crate? he takes a BM in the morning and one at night, its been this regular for as logn as i can remember

thanks for the help!
    Mommy's Little Girl