Thread: Suggestions Please

Suggestions Please

One of my cat has allergies requiring steroid shots every few months. When I go away for a long weekend I have to set out many bowls of water because every cat waterer that I've seen is made from plastic. And, as you all know you shouldn't feed or water in plastic bowls. Does anyone know of a waterer (could be for dogs too) that has a stainless steel bowl? I've looked online and in local stores with no luck. At this point, I don't care how much it is.

Thank you!
    Miranda

I searched the net too and couldn't find any water dispensers for pets that were made with glass and/or stainless steel. That would certainly be a good invention for the many plastic sensitive cats out there. Kind of hard to believe that someone hasn't come up with that yet. Guess it would be too expensive to create and the plastic stuff from China is just too easy for suppliers to stock up and sell to customers. Not good for our pets though.

I thought of one idea that might reduce your multiple dishes of water.
    This link below shows 'un-tippable' stainless steel bowls for dogs that are quite big. One thing you could do if you have a sink your cat could access while you're gone is to put one of these 'un-tippable' bowls in the sink full of water and then leave the tap on a light drip. I know it's kind of a waste of water but it could also keep your pipes from freezing if you live in a cold climate and keep your meowser hydrated at the same time.

http://www.krazyaboutcanines.com/accessories.html

Thank you Emeraldgreen

Isn't that the strangest thing about not even one place having such a thing! I know there are lots of cats with allergies that can't be fed or watered in plastic and yet there's nothing out there. Talk about a product ready to be invented. Actually, if the water dispenser chute where the water trickles into the reservoir was built slightly higher, a small glass or stainless bowl could be inserted in the reservoir.

I had a cat in the past who loved drinking from the bathroom sink and I would leave it on at a fast drip (which eventually requires a replacement rubber thing in the faucet handle!). These days I have older cats 9+ who don't jump on the counters (at least while I'm around) so even if I left the faucet going, they probably wouldn't realize it. Good idea for other than my couch potatoes. I like the big deep non-tip bowl idea and will look into it. I bought a deeper stainless bowl last night at PetsMart and moved the plastic waterer out to the patio for the raccoons.

Maybe this could work?

I found this waterer that is actually for birds but it looks like it is made from glass. The link for the website is below:

http://www.finchaviary.com/Accessori...Containers.htm

Bird Waterer

I went to the finch aviary site but could not find a price for the item or even a description of it to say what it was made out of . Would be a good idea but I think it's not being made any more. So far, the best idea is a stainless steel pan for watering dogs. It's connected to an outside water faucet and keeps itself filled. If I could connect a water hose to my kitchen faucet, I could use that, just buy a cheap hose and shorten it maybe. Anyway, I'm still looking. Thanks for your eagle eye. I'll try doing a search for bird waterers and maybe another site has this one you found.

Mircat