Thread: Behavior problem cat or sick update.

Behavior problem cat or sick update.

I had posted only once before about my kitty being either angry with my children or our recent move. Well we noticed that he had started to get really thin. So we put all other financial things on hold and were able to get him to the vet. Well it was too late. He had some liver functioning problems and was very jaundiced. They wanted to get him to the emergency room and try to treat him and keep him in the ICU and such. We are by no means well off or remotely close we barely make it paycheck to paycheck. So after discussing this with the vet and the fact that even after all of the procedures and things that he would have needed he still may have passed away on his own. So we decided to put him to sleep. He would have been 11 in April and he has been with us since he was 5 weeks old. So it has been a very sad and difficult week. When the dr. gave him his medicine to go to sleep she didn't have to give him that much. She explained to my husband that when they are really sick it doesn't take a lot of the medicine to put them to sleep. So Tyler (the kitty) was very sick and not having behavior problems at home he was trying to tell us that something was wrong. I hope he is better where he is now. My family misses him very much everyday.
    Thank you for your suggestions before and trying to help when we were having problems we used some of them and they seem to have made our other cat happier.
    Kelly

RIP Tyler.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Tyler feels better @ the bridge, he thanks you for all of your help. He can run and play pain free now. He will watch over his family until you all meet again. Till then keep happy memories with Tyler close to your heart. RIP Tyler
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Poor Tyler... At least now he is at peace and is not in pain. I lost a foster of mine to liver failure and jaundice last summer... his buddy had been adopted and he just stopped eating and gave up on life. Once they go into liver failure and develop fatty liver disease, it's a tough battle to get them back, and a super costly one at that. Our shelter has dealt with it previously (even discounted, the medical bills were over $5000.).

How is the other cat that he was with? Your other post said that they were both having issues. Is the other cat doing ok after the passing of his buddy??

I'm so sorry to hear this RIP sweet Tyler.

That's almost exactly what happened with my Finnigan, he just stopped eating. Even the time in the ICU didn't help him.

I'm so sorry it happened to your Tyler, at least he's not ill any more.

{{{HUGS}}} to all of you. Tyler is healthy and happy and playing at the Bridge. RIP Tyler.

My RB Peeka went into acute renal failure and then when her liver started to shut down, so did her appetite. She wouldn't eat her favorite, warm chicken that I prepared specially for her and took in to her at the hospital. Tyler knows you love/d him and he's taking a much deserved rest now. He didn't eat because he couldn't but he's feasting now and all is well. RIP, Tyler and peace to you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm very sorry!

R.I.P. Tyler

Kirsten

Tylers In Carracas Tonight With The Pet Angel Army Having A Great Time In Noe Of The Most Exoticand Exciting Cities In The World.
    He Doesnt Want You To Feel Badly, He Had Such A Good Life With You, And Hes Found A Fantastic Place On The Beach Where You Are All Going To Meet When You Have Your Reunion In Love.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Unhappy

Sleep softly, sweet Tyler...
    Nine is Fine!!