Thread: I was just thinking....

I was just thinking....

I had been walking around today tring to get some cleaning done and trying to be quiet because Tinky and Jupiter were napping. Tinky was curled up on the floor and Jupiter was nappin on one of the kitchen chairs. And I sat down to study some and I was lookin at Tinky and just started thinking....
    It made me kinda warm inside just watchin her sleep. She looked so peaceful and It made me glad. It made me glad because they will never have to know what it feels like to be hungry or cold. And I kinda imagined what it would be like in the wild or at someones house that didn't care... they wouldn't be able to nap. They would always be looking over their shoulders or lookin for a warm spot to sleep away from danger. And I was thinking how they will never have to know pain... cause I would never hit them and they will never have to know fear cause I will take care of them. And just watchin them nap made me so happy just cause they could nap ..... and not worry. Then I was thinking that is just what they deserve. And I wish every little critter could know what it feels like to just be able to lay down and take a nap.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

so true...so very very true.
    That's what makes Scout so special. He was a stray kitten I found outside my apartment. He was so fearful that first week....never relaxing, always looking all around crouching low to the ground darting place to place, and covertly eating at night. It just broke my heart. Now he is so much better. Still a little skittish but now is comfortably enough to sleep in my arms...actually he's crashed out on my chest right now which makes typing on my laptop a bit challenging. He's such a love. He'll never have to be worried about where the next meal is coming from or someone or something hurting him ever again.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

a really nice post Sara!

What a great post to read--and what timing.

I belong to a group that promotes animal welfare--I received THE single most outrageous, infuriating, GROTESQUE email today re: a cat who's "new owner" picked it up off the streets with the intentions of ending its life. I won't go into details--it's too horrible.

When I read that email, I was in tears, disgusted, and soooo in shock.

Posts like this are SUCH a heart-warmer after hearing of what some poor souls go through.

Thank you Sara for posting this!

This is a very nice post. It makes me sad though to think of all the babies that won't be able to nap, but also glad to know that Bassett and Tilly (Bassett taken from a cardboard box outside a grocery store and Tilly a stray from the pound) are living a good life that I'm sure (at least in Bassett's case) they wouldn't have otherwise. In a perfect world, I would take in all the strays, but at least I know I can do my part.

This is a great idea for a post, Sara - thanks

I love your "thoughts" Sara !!! Feel free to post more of this !!

I'm so glad I was given the chance to give one of those poor cats in the shelter a real warm and caring home !!! Sweet little Maya is just so happy here ; and , she really brightens up my days !!!!
    Thanks , dear Maya !!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A beautiful post indeed!
    Wish that more people in this world would feel like that.
    Just imagine if every single person on earth would want for eachother what we all here want for our pets, to be safe and loved and fed and have a roof over their heads, it would be a much nicer place to live.

That reminded me the link from one of yesterday Bari_d's posts about those two kitties without owner (their owner died and the house is out for sale). I was crying when I read that story, it made me feel soooo sad. I wish I could take them, but they are more than 10000km from here. I hope there is someone in the world for those two kitties to provide them a loving and caring home.

Wonderful post Sara. I've often thought similar thoughts when I see Tubby napping. He looks so content and he sleeps so sound that you know he's not worried about a thing happening to him. I guess he's learned after all these years that I will take care of him so he doesn't have to worry. I can't say as I've ever seen Peanut sleep like that because when she needs serious sleep she goes and hides somewhere. She has always been a little more skittish and afraid of people. Although sometimes she is just so stretched out and relaxed, even though she's awake, that I know she feels safe. And if Tinky and Jupiter only knew that you were trying to be quiet so as not to wake them, they would really know they are the most lucky cats in the world.

And I don't mean to cast gray clouds or anything, but Vio & Juni brings up a good point, and Freddy & Puddy are the perfect examples. If something happens to me, either Terry would continue to keep Tubby & Peanut, or if he couldn't do it because he's on the road so much, I know my mom would take them in - and her Cranker would just have to deal with it. We do have to make plans for our pets in the event of our untimely death, just like we need to make a will and make arrangements for our children. It's not something that most people want to think about, but the saddest stories come from those who didn't plan ahead - because it really can happen to anyone of us at anytime -- and again, Freddy & Puddy are the perfect example. Please make arrangements for your pets before it becomes a necessity.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Just felt like posting some pictures............

Sorry to sound like a big CORN BALL.... I just love my babies so much and I don't know what I would do without them. They are so sweet and they are SO FUNNY. They always know how to put a smile on my face and I am glad I can repay them in the small way I do by giving them a happy home to live in....... MOMMY LOVES YOU T & J!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky

Sorry to sound like a big CORN BALL.... I just love my babies so much and I don't know what I would do without them. They are so sweet and they are SO FUNNY. They always know how to put a smile on my face and I am glad I can repay them in the small way I do by giving them a happy home to live in....... MOMMY LOVES YOU T & J!!
    Sara,
    These pictures are so great!! And your post is so sweet!! It really put a smile on my face!

I have to agree with you. I wouldn't know how to live without them...they brighten my day and my life. They are God's angels sent to watch over me. (uh huh...as I type this Noel is attacking Basil!!!)
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky

Sara, you don't sound like a corn ball at all. Your babies bring a smile to a lot of faces out here, and it's nice to know that you (and we) think they are so special, because they are. All God's creatures are special, right?

Adorable pictures. Guess that Cat Fancy magazine has Jupiter dreaming about all the pretty girl kitties he saw in it. I just can't believe how big they've gotten. They really do grow up too fast.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

originally posted by Noahs Mommy
    They are God's angels sent to watch over me.
    Yeah I used to call Tinky my little angel before Jupiter came to live with us, now they both are Mommy's little angles. I know God wants us to be happy and I believe for us animal lovers they are just one of his ways to give us joy!
    ]originally posted by Tubby and Peanut's Mom
    They really do grow up too fast.
    OH how I know that!!!! It is sad . Tinky and Jupiter will be turnin one in September... I think I might cry. A WHOLE YEAR OLD. The still have a long life ahead of them though. Cats can live 20+ years. I LOVE EM SO MUCH!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

This is such a great thread Sara. I'm so glad that you started it. Your pictures of Tinky and Jupiter are so cute too. All three of my cats are rescues and I can't imagine my life with out them. They add so much love and laughter to my life. I'm so glad that I was able to give a forever home to three cats.

Wonderful pix, Sara. They really do sleep like you said, no worry in the world.

btw, Juni has already turned 2 years on May 5. We had a big celebration, I bought her a kind of little cake (for humans, but I knew she likes it), and we gave her all our attention that day. She was very proud, although I am not sure she knew what happened (even though we spoil her all the time).