Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ugh.... Left My Animals There!! (Home: They Are Okay!)

Ugh.... Left My Animals There!! (Home: They Are Okay!)

everyone please, I need your prayers right now. that all of my furkids (except crayola who's with me here) ARE okay. I'm upset, restless and in tears now.

when I got home from ice hockey game, there was two police cars right in front of our building and they wouldn't let me near to my door. they asked me if I know anywhere I could stay for tonight and asked me to leave out of there asap. I demanded for my dog, hoped I'd get to check on my animals before I left - no, the cop walked up with me with flashlight and gun in his hand pointing everywhere, told me to hurry back down. I only got to open the door and called for crayola.

they were too busy to tell me what happened but gave me a phone number and I left my street. while sitting here in car, trying to reach someone to stay over, I called the department and asked what's going on - they don't know yet, "just arrived there." then I told him about my kids - the dispatcher(?) said "if you're not there then they should be fine." I can understand he probably means if suspect(?) doesn't see/hear anyone inside then wouldn't bother to go in??

gosh I have NO idea what's going on in there - I want to drive back there now... I'm so scared for them but I may get shot ....
    Last edited by sandragonfly; 11-18-2007 at 09:08 AM.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Oh hon - did Crayola seem ok? If so, maybe the suspect or whoever wasn't near there.

I hope you can go back soon...just keep checking with dispatch and see what is happening....

I wish one of the cops could check for you - I am sure they are ok, but you can't get to them.

I'll TRY a search to see what might be happening...hopefully the police will fix whatever is happening, or go elsewhere. This couldn't be related to the fire?

HUGS
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Couldn't find info...probably not even on the local news yet...

Have you reached a friend who might be able to find out more the dispatch for you? In case it's a hassle with TTY (that's the Canadian term...TDD where you are?)

PT Prayers for you and your babies.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

They are probably searching for a suspect, and I bet your animals will all be fine. Recently most of a neighboring town was on lockdown, and all the schools kept the kids inside a couple hours after their usual hours, because there was a murder suspect at large. The suspect had killed one person and injured another that he knew, but didn't hurt anyone else before he was captured. Whatever is happening, I am sure your animals will be fine, and I bet they let you go home once the crisis is over, and you'll find everyone okay. Most criminals wouldn't bother harming small animals - they are worried about escaping, and the kitties would likely hide even if someone broke in.

what's going to happen to the baby kittens?
    will they be alright that long b/n feedings?
    I just don't understand...
    your poor animals
    and I'm sure that if they appeared busy to you it was b/c they WERE - they were trying to keep you safe.

**speechless**
    Last edited by shais_mom; 11-18-2007 at 01:03 AM.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Gina, I hope you can get back into your place soon. I know you will not be able to relax or sleep until you can check on your ark.

Hugs to you and Crayola for now.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

If the cop you talked to had a gun, I assume that there was someone potentially dangerous nearby. Don't be too mad at the cops, they are only doing their job. Poor kitties. I'm sorry this happened, Gina. I hope you can go back home as soon as possible.

I am home with them now, checked on everyone - they are all okay, just a little starled, wasn't sure who I was when I opened the door.

malt, I'm definitely not mad at them 'doing their job'. some people can be just plainly so rude, too busy or too lazy to write and tell me at least something. it is my home, my kids and they asked me to leave. when I approached, one guy started talking, I said "(you'll need to) write...I can't hear." - he shook his head no no, shooed me back with his hand. I mean that less-busy-than-others guy was standing by his car talking to a radio, ABLE to write something - there were five of them around. he can get in trouble for that because what if there was a fire, would they let me write who's in there? or anything they need to know. when I gave up, walked to next cop who was interviewing a woman - he then realized I live there! passed me the card, pointed my car, "go." he just didn't put in much of effort for people like us.

anyway, back to what happened - the dispacther finally was able to tell me what went on this morning. I will email everyone who responded to this after I recharge myself, am too distraught and I feel like there's 8 watermelons in my eyelids.

thank you for prayers, relieved now.

I am glad you are home and the cats are well....

((hugs))
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Why can't you just post it on here?
    I'm sure everyone is wondering what happened.
    I'm glad everyone is ok.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

At first I thought one of your snakes ate one of your cats. Whew!!!!!!!SOOOOOOO relieved everyone is okay.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Glad you're back home.. you had me worried!!! Will talk to you later on... Hugs for now!

Quote Originally Posted by sandragonfly

I am home with them now ... they are all okay ...

anyway, back to what happened -
    the dispacther finally was able to tell me what went on this morning.
    I will email everyone who responded to this after I recharge myself ...

Why can't you just post it on here?

I'm sure everyone is wondering what happened.

Is there some reason for all this drama that requires individual E-mails rather
    than a simple POSTING of the details?

I think I'll wait for the "condensed version" to appear here on the forum ...
    unless it's a *secret* - in which case I guess I'll never know.

/s/ Phred

I'm glad your kitties are ok and your back home.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

I am glad everyone is okay, and curious as to what happened that caused the police to be there. Have a nice nap, and get lots of snuggles and nose-rubs in! Thank goodness this happened this week, when the Peanuts are big enough to wait a bit before needing to eat!