Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bettas together and living Peacefully

two males can be housed together as long as it is heavily planted/decorated so each fish can have their territory.

I agree that gold fish and Betta's shouldn't be housed together, Betta's sometimes nip at the goldfishes long tails.

Yes my tank is very very well planted and decorated, there are caves and log caves and live plants and tall live plants.

As for being in with the goldfish. Just because there are goldfish in my tank does not mean it is full of ammonia. I check on the ammonia level frequently and it is always at 0. The tank is a 55 gallon so it has a giant filter for a 200 gallon. There is current flowing from the filter mainly in the middle. The corners and sides of the tank don't have that much current. The bettas love to hide in the leaves of the live plants and go in the caves too.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

How many goldfish have you got in the tank? Goldfish are any water fish. They grow faster and healthier with warm water. The grow slower and not as healthy in cold water. Cold water is easier for people who aren't dedicated fish keepers because they fish need less maintenence. That only works out for the better of the fish because they suffer less from the lack of care when in cold water. I prefer to keep mine at 76-78F. I use little more than motorized sponge filters in my tanks. It provides biological filtration to keep ammonia at 0. It does not provide much mechanical filtration (aka: the dirt at the bottom of the tank). I take care of that myself with the syphon.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    How many goldfish have you got in the tank? Goldfish are any water fish. They grow faster and healthier with warm water. The grow slower and not as healthy in cold water. Cold water is easier for people who aren't dedicated fish keepers because they fish need less maintenence. That only works out for the better of the fish because they suffer less from the lack of care when in cold water. I prefer to keep mine at 76-78F. I use little more than motorized sponge filters in my tanks. It provides biological filtration to keep ammonia at 0. It does not provide much mechanical filtration (aka: the dirt at the bottom of the tank). I take care of that myself with the syphon.
    There is Three goldfish and one catfish in the tank along with the bettas. (1 goldfish is a teenage Red cap oranda, he's not big yet. 1 is a assorted lionhead, and the other is a baby shubunkin...which won't grow for some reason) Other than that its them and the two bettas.

I usually keep my tank at 78, sometimes it ranges to 76 or 79 in the summer when I can't control the heat in my room.

Kalei

Actually I find when I have the temperature at that for goldfish, that my goldfish are way more active.

Kalei