Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some new shots from this weekend, mostly of Luka (*12 pics*)

These photos are amazing!! Usually, I don't really like tilt photos, but yours look great. I think in the last picture, it would have been cuter if you had gotten their paws in it too, and not cut them off. Also in the "got it" photo if you would have had it rotated the other way so you got a full body shot. Also, the one of Luka sitting with the frisbee in the background shouldn't have been tilted. I feel rude being the only one to post bad critiques. Don't get me wrong, they are all STUNNING photos.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Wonderful shots, Sarah! Ugh.. I totally love Luka. When can I have her?

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Thank you so much everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby's my baby
    These photos are amazing!! Usually, I don't really like tilt photos, but yours look great. I think in the last picture, it would have been cuter if you had gotten their paws in it too, and not cut them off.
    I agree with you there! I wish I had gotten them in too, unfortunately they move so fast that it can be difficult.

Also in the "got it" photo if you would have had it rotated the other way so you got a full body shot.
    I agree there, too. The reason it's vertical vs. horizontal is that I was taking pictures of her jumping up after the flippy and on that throw it bounced and she went after it, I didn't have time to tilt my camera the other way.

Also, the one of Luka sitting with the frisbee in the background shouldn't have been tilted.
    I actually prefer it tilted But I appreciate you saying that, obviously it's just preference and nothing else. But this is how I learn what people like and don't like, so I appreciate it!

I feel rude being the only one to post bad critiques. Don't get me wrong, they are all STUNNING photos.
    Don't! I need critiques no matter if they are good or bad! If everyone I encounter says that my photos are fantastic I wouldn't have any desire to improve them. But the fact is they just aren't that good in the professional realm and I have a lot to learn and improve upon. I don't really expect to get real critiques on a pet forum but of course I'll take any I can get. I post on a Canon forum too and I get a lot of feedback there, sometimes it's really not what you want to hear because a lot of people are overly critical at times but really, that's how you learn.

Beautiful photos, Sarah! You have beautiful subjects to photograph too!