Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you had gobs of money...........

If you had gobs of money...........

If you had gobs of money - through inheritance - hard work - or winning the lottery - would you give it away?

Who would you give it to - and how would you do it?

I would open a no kill animal shelter and use money to prosecute the low lives that abuse animals.

I would travel the world and shop, shop, shop.

I would build several homes, one in England and one in Switzerland, one in Australia.

I would give some money to my friends and children but most would go to my new animal shelter.

If I had gobs of money I wouldn't give all of it away, but a big portion of it would go to my church, our local animal shelter, and my mom. The rest of it would probably go into CD's or something (bank CD's not music CD's lol).

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I'd put it in a trust or some sort of interest-bearing account and designate iMOM or some other animal resceue place as the beneficiary.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711
    The rest of it would probably go into CD's or something (bank CD's not music CD's lol).
    LOL! That would be a lot of music! I would fix my son and daughter and their families for life! I would also fix hubby and myself for life! HA! I would give 1/10 to my church (a tithe). I am assuming you are talking about a limitless amount of money. Wow! What a thought! LOL!

If I had gobs of money I would give some of it away in this order:
    1. To the bank (pay off my mortgage & line of credit)
    2. To my Mom (to pay off what I owe her)
    3. To Visa and American Express (don't need to explain these)
    4. To VOKRA (Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue) - big donation
    5. To VRRA (Vancouver Rabbit Rescue & Advocacy) - big donation
    6. To Hearts on Noses (Pot Belly Pig rescue) - big donation
    7. To BC Cancer Research Centre - big donation
    The rest would be invested. With the gobs of interest I'd made, I'd buy a new car and of course travel.

Thanks for the dream. Now I'm back.....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Pay off student loans... that's the first thing I would do.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I know that winning the lotery could be really bad for you. The curse of the lotery.

But if i was to win that much this is what i would do.

Buy a new home, design it to my taste and in the place i want it. Have land so i could have more animals. Possibly in Beverly Hills where i dream to live and or Malibu.

Start a at home foster/rescue for animals not just dogs.

Donate to children hospitals, animal shelters and schools.

Take trips around the world and visit the many places i been dreaming of going.

Life is too short you need to enjoy it
    Biscotties, the perfect companion for your latte.
    I love my girls Nena & Lola, there just perfect.

I would pay off my debt, my mom's debt and my s/o's debt first. Then I'd start my business and invest the money so I can continuously donate to rescues.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711
    If I had gobs of money I wouldn't give all of it away, but a big portion of it would go to my church, our local animal shelter, and my mom. The rest of it would probably go into CD's or something (bank CD's not music CD's lol).
    This made me laugh - because at first I too, thought you meant music CD's.........and I thought - WOW, what a passion for music.

I never shared what I would do with gobs of money. I would fund my niece's college funds - help my family - and then I would set up a foundation to fund scholarships for needy kids. Education - our whole future lies in people being well educated.

I don't think I would go nuts - but you never know do you? And I probably never will know - HA HA!

This is real for me. Pretty soon I'll be getting a good amount of money from my car accident settlement. With some of it I'll buy a new HD LCD tv set, a laptop, a new stove ( I can finally COOK again!) and the rest to be invested and some put in my bank account.

Nice thought!

First thing I would do would be to pay off all our debt and our families debt.

I'm not sure exactly what organizations I would donate to, but just off the top of my head would be cancer research, alzheimer's and our local shelters.

After all that I'd make sure we got tickets to every NASCAR race we wanted to go to! We'd be NASCAR groupies

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I would:
    *get a divorce
    *pay off my debt and my families debt.
    *give money to local shelters.
    *donate money for sterilization vaccine research for cats and dogs.
    *start some type of spay/neuter awareness program in Ashtabula county.
    (the county just to my east, where the counties only shelter gets 100 strays a month with only 1% reclaim.)
    *put money away;invest, stocks, cd, bonds.
    *buy a motor home and travel the United States.
    *buy a house in the middle of NO where with lots of land.
    *Spoil myself and my dogs ROTTEN!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Good question, Gini!

The first thing I could do is get Citibank out of my life!!!

Then, I would call my husband and tell him to quit his job and get his application in to go back to school to earn a degree that he really wants.

I would put aside enough money to get all 3 of our kids through college.

If I had enough left over, I would pay down the debt at our church or pay it off completely.

I would provide sizable donations to the rescue organizations that I am affiliated with and help build a place for our Golden Retriever rescue to be able to care for rescues in a much grander fashion.

The rest would be put away for a rainy day. And I had to add......I could foresee many trips to meet my cyber friends, all over the world!!!! That would be a dream come true for me.

Its nice to dream.
    Last edited by Logan; 11-14-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Pay off anyone I owe money to
    Pay off all my bills
    Buy my daughter a house of her own and full-time chauffeur at her disposal (along with a limo) cuz she can't drive
    Buy myself a huge Winnebago like Deb and Terry's.
    Toss all the critters in the Winnebago and travel the country.
    Buy a huge 3 level house with lots of windows to live in when we come back from our travels.
    Buy the land behind Deb's (President of Catales) house and build a sanctuary for all homeless animals.

*blinks eyes* Well!! Good morning, y'all!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!