Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obsessed with human food!

My Luna is that way--especially when it comes to CHEESE! That cat can be in a deep sleep at the other end of the house and, if I go into the kitchen and open the fridge, she's right there. But only if I'm going inside the fridge to get the cheese (how does she know??). Then she's putting on her "cute kitty act," looking up at me with those big blue eyes, standing on her hind legs, and MEOW-ing.

Usually I give her a small piece (here she is chowing down)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3. tuna & cheeze.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	37953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20. Tuna and cheese.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	37954  

Big question for all those of you who, like me, find it impossible to keep certain cats out of human food.

What do you do when you have to cool a big pot of something that just came off the stove? A few days ago, it was a pasta sauce and I ended up pouring it into a big bowl and putting it in the fridge right away because I just couldn't think of a place to cool it that was both clean enough and cat-proof.

The worst offenders in my household are the two-year-old terrible tabby twins. They are big, big cats but lean and with incredible jumping abilities. Then there is the litter-of-nine, now four months old and on the verge of going out to adoption centers. Imagine trying to eat dinner with nine kittens wanting to put their faces, paws or tails in your food.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    Big question for all those of you who, like me, find it impossible to keep certain cats out of human food.

What do you do when you have to cool a big pot of something that just came off the stove? A
    with 13 cats I have, I put it away in mircowave so whatever'd not get cold faster as refrigator would in case I got caught in doing of something else. but in refrigator right away too sometimes if there's not enough room.

for eating my own dinner, they have learned to not bother me or even walk up to me. I give a little quick growl and push her/him away WITH foot/leg gently (you confuse them with smell of food/fork on your hand) if s/he keeps crawling up on you. it took them a while to understand and understand that the whistling is when it's time for theirs! of course, don't whistle when you're cooking your dinner. this training would start all over once you have a softer heart than you think and hand a tiny piece of food. I watch what I drop too. and dinners with my friends here which happens occasionally, I put them all in my room with a litterbox and treats in case they bother my friends somehow; meowings, hairs, nudges, beggings, etc.

glacier, none of my cats are obsessed with human food and in fact two of my cats hate human food as it'd squish their eyes lol. yet I can't assume that (for the other 11) because out of habit I keep all the food/boxes out of their sight. once at an old home I had to keep all of my food in bathroom because the cabinets weren't shut closed strong enough - there's one strong almighty cat here!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Dear Puff,

Now that you've discovered saltines, how are you doing on margarine? My Meowm set an open tub on the kitchen table when she went to get her bagel out of the toaster, and I knew what to do! I stuck my face right in for a lick! Thanks, Meowm. She discovered that I'll drink milk right out of her cereal bowl if she sets it within my reach, too. I usually hop up on the table at meal times so I can get a good, close whiff of whatever she is eating. My fur-cousin Milo likes to lick the orange coating off of Cheetos. It matches his fur. I also like turkey from the deli counter, chicken from the Asian take-away restaurant, and browned ground beef. And, of course, tuna. My late cousin Poco liked the special sauce on McDonald's Big Mac, and he also liked green beans.

Purrs,
    Cassie
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Bread. My cats are obsessed with bread. If any kind of bread product is left out, I can gurantee you will find it ripped apart on the floor within minutes whether it be bagels, whole bread loafs, french bread or crackers. Angel and Abby will go through great lengths to get at bread products; they will rip through bags, hop on top of fridges, and open cupboards. As of right now, I have the bread on the very top shelf of my highest cupboard, right next to the catnip, and if they haven't gotten to that yet, I think the bread is safe.

:P