Thread: Rest In Peace Riz

Rest In Peace Riz

On November 6. I went to check on Riz to find her dead. I knew it was coming; old age had hit her hard. She was stumbling and having a hard time walking, we are pretty sure she was deaf and blind, and in general she was just old. I got her May 21, 2005. We walked into a small chain pet store just to look. After watching these little baby sable Syrians my mom grabbed a food dish and said pick one! So I picked out one that was being bullied a little. The cashier told me she was a female and off we went. She was extremely nervous but she never bit. After a few months of little sleep (crazy male hamsters) she moved into my parent’s room where my Dad soon befriended her and her nickname "Daddy's little girl" came from. She loved her wheel and coming out to play but her ultimate joy was her run-around-ball. Up until the last 3 months of her life she still would wake up to the sound of her ball being picked up and being tapped on. She also loved banana chips more then any other food. She was eating them until the day she passed away.

Riz lived to be about 2 years and 6 months. She is the longest living hamster I have had and had been my second oldest pet (in general) which sounds weird when I have had pets my entire life and have never lived a day with out one. I really miss Riz but I think even though I was expecting it I wasn't ready for it. I haven't even cried yet which makes me angry with my self. But I am more in shock I guess. I know my Dad will really miss her. She had been his favourite hamster. <3

Rest In Heavenly Peace Riz. <3

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

I'm so sorry about Riz.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Unhappy

thanks!

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

I am so sorry about Riz...

((Hugs))

Play hard at the bridge sweet Riz...
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Thanks whisk_luva.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

Riz was a cutie. It's good that she lived such a long life for a little hammy. Don't be angry with yourself, I'm sure she would have wanted you to celebrate her life rather than feeling sad.

RIP Riz.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I agree, don't be mad at yourself. She lived a good, long life and I am sure she enjoyed every minute of it. She was adorable, and I'm sorry for your loss.
    ~RIP Rizz~

Sorry to hear this. ((((((((hugs)))))))))
    Definately don't feel angry with yourself. For some people it just takes a bit for it to settle in.

RIP Riz

Thanks guys. I guess it bugs me because I haven't cried for any of my lost pets lately. But I am starting to feel better. I just suddenly felt happyier today after i looked at a picture of Riz when she was younger. And I rememberd the line from Rainbow Bridge: "All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by". I know she iss happy and strong again. <3

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters