Thread: Found 2 Dogs Today

Found 2 Dogs Today

I know this is the wrong place for it but this morning I was walking (trying to get my exercise in) and I saw these 2 dogs place in the stream and running around. I thought it was sorta odd that they didn't have any leashes on them or that no one was around to get them. There were no tags on them or any identification. So after I was done walking I keep watching to see where they were going and to see if anyone was calling them or anything.

So anyway I saw them heading off towards this picnic area and I tried to call them and the male came over to me and gave him a few pats and I realized I had some icky sheetz food that I just got before I went walking and gave the dogs some of the burritos. They enjoyed them a ton.

So I asked them if they wanted to go for a ride and both the boy and girl hopped in my car and we went over to my parent’s house just 1 mile down the road and my mom and I tried to figure out what to do with them. I drove around the neighborhood looking for anyone who knew the dogs and no one knew them. So I went to work and my mom helped take care of the dogs and I posted on every website I could think of saying I found 2 black/white dogs with no tags on them at the Shrine.

By lunch time we heard no response, we even had it on the radio that we found 2 dogs.

Well I called the Harris township dog people and they told me to call this kennel and so I did and they said they would take them in till someone comes to claim them. By right he said they have to hold the dog 10 days.

So after 10 days he said anyone can pretty much take them but I just hope they are adopted out to the right people and they said they would make sure of it.

I can't stop thinking about them today. I already have 6 cats now and I can't take in 2 dogs in a 1 bedroom apartment. We are already overcrowded.

My hearts breaks though thinking of them sitting in a cage even though it's better then them wondering outside in the cold.

Please say prays that their parents come and get them. I just want to find their owners so bad but I'm starting to wonder if they weren't just dropped off.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00970.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	37924   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00971.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	37925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00972.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	37926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00974.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	37927  

Praise The Lord That Those Two Dogs Found A Caring Compassionate Person To Feed Them And Take Them In. I Have A Feeling That They Were Just Left There As A Responsible Guardian Would Have Been There With Them.
    I Pray That I Am Wrong And Thier Guardians Show Up To Claim Them. I Cant Imagine Who Would Abandon Two Handsome Dogs Like That, But People Sadly Can Be Cruel.
    We Are Praying For Those Creatures Of Our Lord God.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh what a sweet pair! They do look like they belong together; know each other. They are quite similar.

Perhaps they scooted out somehow AFTER their hooman left for work, and so no one was looking for them during the day as no one even knew they were out!

Bless you to caring enough to go to all the trouble for them! Youdid the right thing.

They look like older dogs and are probably missed. Could you put found dog posters up everywhere around the area that they were found? Perhaps the owners will see them and call you then you can direct them to where they are.

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

OH gosh!! They are so sweet looking, I hope that they are claimed. The eyes on the pup on the right are just so sad looking. Why would someone just abandon those sweet dogs??

Are they at a no-kill shelter??

Yes, I'm actually going to be putting up posters tomorrow because the kennel that I took them to says they will wait 10 days to see if someone claims them and then if no owner they will try to adopt them out or see if Paws could take them in.

Quote Originally Posted by 3muttsandaboston
    They look like older dogs and are probably missed. Could you put found dog posters up everywhere around the area that they were found? Perhaps the owners will see them and call you then you can direct them to where they are.

Oh yes I'd never put them where they would be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian
    Are they at a no-kill shelter??

Thanks for rescuing them. I sure hope that they'll find their owners. They sure are cute and look like siblings. Please continue to keep us updated about them.