Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace, sweet Lolly

Unhappy

Oh, Aly, I am so sorry.

Oh Aly,
    You & Lolly are in Our Thoughts & Prayers...
    I remember when you got her...
    Rest in Peace Dearest lolly
    Godspeed to The Bridge Little One
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

I can't thank you all enough for your words. I've been here several times to read your messages over and over. I just haven't had the strength to reply yet because I get so choked up.

My family and friends have been very supportive, but you guys help me in a different way. In a sense, this might be the closure I needed because you all were here when I first adopted her and I know you all understand how much I really did love her.

It's been two weeks now and I don't feel any better. I get migraines and I'm nauseous almost all the time. I just feel really lost without her. She was just always there and I can't stop looking for her. I hate the fact that we're separated. I thought we'd always be together.

There will never ever be another dog like her. Not only did she understand my every word, but my facial expressions and body language too. She protected me and kept her eyes on me all the time. Even the times when she was really sick and laying in the clinic hardly able to walk, her eyes would still be bright and alert and they'd follow me wherever I went.

I tried everything I could, but I feel like I failed her. She wasn't supposed to leave me yet.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Quote Originally Posted by aly
    I tried everything I could, but I feel like I failed her. She wasn't supposed to leave me yet.
    You did not fail her, you did all you could and you were her best friend and you always will be.

She'll be with you forever.
    {{{hugs}}}
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Aly, she will live on forever in your heart. Hugs
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Aly, I'm so sorry to hear about precious Lolly. I feel so blessed that I was able to meet her. I hope Reese is ok. Lolly is surely telling my boy, Bruno, about how happy Finn makes me down here on Earth. And, that I still miss him every day, but it makes me smile to think Lolly is near him. I miss hearing about you all. If there is anything I can do, please ask. I am only a few hours away from you.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Aly, I'm so sorry to hear that sweet Lolly is gone.
    Sending hugs your way.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Still thinking of you, Aly...

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Aly, I'm so sorry to hear about Lolly's passing. You'll be together again some day but until then she'll live in your heart. RIP sweet Lolly. Please take care. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am so very sorry for your loss!!! Please don't ever think you failed her, she knew how loved she was. In time you will understand you did not fail her but gave her everything she deserved and then some. When I lost Mousse I lost the best friend I have ever had or will ever have. There will never be another bond like the one I had with him, it was just as you described with your precious Lolly, but I never doubt for a minute that he knew how much I loved him and how totally lost in my life I would become without him, loosing him for me was like loosing a part of my soul. But he will always be there and so will Lolly, keep thinking of all the wonderful blessed days you had with her and slowly you will get through it. My heart and my prayers go out to you, I pray you will eventually find a shred of peace you so need.

11. Godspeed Lolly. I am so sorry Aly. My thoughts go out to you.

Thank you for your continued support. It still isn't easier, but I'm trying to cope. My birthday was yesterday and it was a really really hard day because I didn't want to celebrate anything. I think this whole holiday season will be rough

I wanted to share some happy news with you all though, so look here .
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Aly, I wanted to tell you I, and a few others, understand exactly how you feel. I just hit the year mark with Duke and it's not easy. If you need to talk, please pm me, ok? I'm off to your good news now.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by aly
    In a sense, this might be the closure I needed because you all were here when I first adopted her and I know you all understand how much I really did love her. .........

I thought we'd always be together.

There will never ever be another dog like her. Not only did she understand my every word, but my facial expressions and body language too. She protected me and kept her eyes on me all the time. Even the times when she was really sick and laying in the clinic hardly able to walk, her eyes would still be bright and alert and they'd follow me wherever I went.

Aly, I am just seeing this heartbreaking news now, and being one of the ones who was here when you first adopted her and having shared those *tales and tymes* Phred spoke of, and having loved Lolly from afar I feel the pain that comes with such sad news. I picked out some parts of your post to quote above, because I could have written them about my Bailey in 1995. It will be 12 years at the end of this month that she passed. I miss her as much today as I did then. I don't know what to say to help ease your pain. Somehow you do manage to get through the bleak days.

Thank you for sharing this with us. It confirms that you know we genuinely cared for your little ones. I saw you posted some other news in a different thread, which I shall read soon, but I just need to absorb this for the time being. {{{hugs}}}
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

sorry about your lost

My Heart Goes Out To You We Lost Our Rat Terrier Who Was 15 Years Old Yesterday Morning 11-16-2007. I No Somewhat Of How Your Heart Feels For I No How Mine Feels. God Be With You And May Each Day God Not Only Ease Your Pain But He Eases Mine. For We Both Have To Remember They Are No Longer Suffering They No Longer No No More Pain. They Are Running The Fields Together With All The Others. So God Be With You