Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comet, the #1 dog

Comet, the #1 dog

Your story made me cry.

Comet, you were the best, no doubt about it.

Rest in Peace fella.

Comet

We're crying here too this morning. What a wonderful boy you were, sweetheart. We can understand why there is a huge void in your human's life and heart. We hope you're running and playing with your tennis balls up at the bridge this morning. We're so happy you are being honored as our DOTD today. Rest In Peace Comet.

Terry, Daisy and Delilah

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

You were such a wonderful dog and your family loved you so much! I know that you were blessed to have such a great loving family. They are going to miss you so much!! Watch over them and let them know that you are ok!! One day you will all be reunited. Play hard @ the bridge!! RIP Comet
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Comet....You were so handsome. You made me cry this morning when I read
    your story. I agree, we should honor you one more time. If people were like animals the world would be in better shape. I am so sorry for your lost.
    Comet sounds like a wonderful friend, and a member of your family.
    A dog Lover
    LHCamry

Relationships with dogs ARE the best.

You put into words the love every "real" dog owner feels. They are amazing friends that can sense exactly what us humans need, even when we may not be so sure. Your description of Comet's antics are just like my dog that passed also, tennis ball retrieving, squirrel and rabbit chasing and so proud when she got all the critters out of the back yard. You have confirmed the one flawed truism about all dogs: "They don't live long enough"!! I'm sure Comet knows he was always "Dog of the Day" in your house and now we all know it to.

Comet sounded great

It sounds like Comet was a very faithful, wonderful dog. we had one we put down 2 years ago, that sounded a lot like Comet. hopefully someday you can find another dog just like Comet.

Comet - a beautiful friend

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful picture and truly honouring such a lovely member of your family.

I too was crying and registered just so that I can write and say thank you for sharing.

I am now going to hug my canine soul-mate - Lloyd.

Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your love and joy of having Comet in your life. He was a handsome boy and that is a great picture of him with his smiling face. You gave him a wonderful home and lots of love. I'm sure he's smiling down on you now. Congrats on DOTD!

Comet is beautiful, I'm sorry that you lost him too soon.

I have a golden girl too -- she just turned 11 a week ago. So I know how you feel.

Comet's face seemed to grab me today as I browsed by the petoftheday site between my hurried tasks. After I read his beautifully written, heartfelt tribute, I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I can feel your bond, your deep love and soul-to-soul connection through your words here today about your most cherished friend, Comet. I am so very sorry you had to say goodbye, but I truly believe with all my heart we will be reunited one day with our furry angels. I believe they watch over us from heaven, are close by us when we are down, and that they still wag and dance in joy when we are happy. By sharing his memory today, we all received a gift of looking into his beautiful gentle face, and see him come alive in our minds through your words. I am so very glad Comet was chosen to be honored today. I'm glad I was able to smile and shed a tear for this very special golden boy. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Comet with us.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Comet, beautiful boy. Like so many of my fellow Pet Talkers, fellow dog lovers, tears fell like rain as I read your Mommy's beautifully written, heartfelt tribute to her beloved Comet, Dog of a Lifetime. It is our great privilege to honor you here today, sweetheart. So many can relate to the deep sorrow your family is experiencing at your passing, and we Retriever lovers especially know of the special brand of unconditional love and unwavering devotion, the unbridled joy and love for life you graced their lives with those many years. As Jess has said, you may have slipped your earthly bounds but your precious spirit, your legacy of love, lives on not only in the hearts of your family, but now in all of our hearts as well.

Play and romp happily at the Bridge sweetheart, with my Labbie Jingles and all of our beloved furangels, in anticipation of that happy day when you and your family will once again, be reunited in love.

Heartfelt thanks to your wonderful Mom for sharing you, and a few of her most cherished memories of you, with us.
    Love, Sandra and Star

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you so much for sharing your precious boy with us today.Comet
    looked so happy sitting in that heap of autumn leaves, I do agree that
    our pets are a blessing & their lives are far to short. Comet was a beautiful
    friend and companion & I know you must miss him very much. I guess pets
    are only on loan from heaven to make our lives so much more interesting.

Rest easy Comet, you will not be forgotten.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh my, Comet

Oh my, this touches my heart. My Harley is an 11 year old Golden. When you are ready, and the time will come, be sure to look at all the great adoption sites for Goldens. Love from a Golden-lover.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comet!!!

Comet ... it was a pleasure to meet you today. My heart sank when I realized that you had passed. Many thanks to you for being a very special member of your family and in your community.

I appreciate k9soul's sweet words,
    By sharing his memory today, we all received a gift of looking into his beautiful gentle face, and see him come alive in our minds through your words.
    I echo the words of sportscar14,
    Relationships with dogs ARE the best.
    We are blessed to have you as our precious and beloved DOTD.
    Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never cease to be amused. Anonymous.

no one can understand

No one can understand the loss of a dog until you have experienced this heartbreaking part of life. My heart is with you. Silly things remind you of your dog that passed but I hope you more smiles as you think of how much your puppy made you smile!