Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: no pets on the bed? no way...

Our dogs are allowed to sleep on the boys' beds, but not my bed or my parents' bed. It's their rules. Sometimes Astra or Prince like to sneak up onto my bed in the morning though.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

When I still had pet cats, I loved having them up on the bed (particularly after the kitten stage when anything that moved got attacked).

Right now, all of my dogs are so large, that having JUST one in bed is rather like sleeping with a sheep sized overstuffed bag of deer antlers and hardware that tends to totally fill up the bed. Mine are allowed up on the bed "by invitation" only, and one at a time please(!), but definitely no overnighters.

There have been some chilly nights when I've suggested to hubby that we consider a three-dog night. (three sheep sized dogs in bed?) The answer to that is a reliable, "you have got to be kidding." heehee
    Semavi Lady Visit the blog!

I hate falling asleep without a doggy cuddle buddy!

Jack sleeps with me, Micki sleeps with my brother, Mini is usually in the parent's bed, Shadow prefers her bed on the floor and Kyra sleeps in her crate.

Then on weekends after everybody wakes up (and I'm still sleeping ) I usually have 3-4 dogs in bed with me. I love it.

Tobey has his own bed in our room and Archie sleeps on the floor next to me.........until they are sure we are asleep

Most mornings we wake up with them both curled up with us - I love to start my day with a group snugglefest!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

My cats allow me to sleep on the bed.

When we have foster kittens, I don't even TRY sleeping in their room. They ARE flying monkeys.

my dogs ARE allowed on our beds that's how it has always been and thats how it always will be. same with our cats.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

My husband says he never needs a sleeping pill as Tigris on the bed purrs him into sleep.
    Filou rather is an under-cover agent
    And my mom's doxie used to sleep at her feet in the bed.
    I agree however that I could not really imagine with a BIG dog in bed.
    As in the poll, maybe most people who answered had horses

At home all the animals are allowed on the bed we have had as many as 4 cats and a dog on the at one time with both me & my husband. I would be lost without an animal in my bed. I was recently on vacation (Went home to visit my mom) and called my brother before I left to tell him to make sure his dog was at home when I got there. (sometimes he & the pupper overnights it at his girlfriend's) So the entire time I was at my mom's I shared the bed with my brother's pitbull who weighs in about about 80lbs. I just had to have a furry bed buddy while I was away. My first night home I had 4 cats and a dog on the bed with me. They all wanted to sleep as close as they could to me and that suited me just fine.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Zeke just doesn't seem to want up on the bed for some reason so I never really bothered. Josie used to always sleep with me. Lately she's started to snore really loud, and she starts kicking/moving in her sleep which wakes me up So she's not allowed up anymore xD The kitties still sleep with me though

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I do not allow pets on the bed at all, but they gang up on me

Yes we live with cats visit www.aarrff.org

Tod Sleeps On The Bed With Me Alot..Hes My Lil Purrr Sound Soother..

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight
    I would be lost without an animal in my bed.

That's how I feel....I've always described sleeping with my dogs as bliss, even if it means fighting for the covers or at times doing acrobatic maneuvers to get in and out of bed.

I have one who spends only part of the night in the bed, but when he does, it is up close and personal (under the covers slapped up next to me).
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

We have two big shep dogs so they have their own beds downstairs. All our cats sleep in two different groups and have their own rooms. One cat does sleep with us on the bed though and has since we brought her home at 7 weeks of age 7 years ago. 'Stinky' is the only one that my husband will allow on the bed overnight and she has a soft fleecy blanket that is at the foot of the bed on my side. It's really funny, when we get into bed she's so chatty and comes up and chirples and walks all over us and does rollies and has a great time but then when it's bedtime my husband says 'go to your bed' and she gives him a look like "really? so soon?" but then she makes her way down to her blanket and curls up. None of our other cats follow his instructions (imagine that?!? ) so I think that is why he let's her sleep with us.
    p.s. during the day we let our other cats nap on our bed and we turn Animal Planet on for them. It's just overnight that my husband only lets one of them stay. He's had some bad experiences with cats racing over him in 'sensitive areas' at 3:00a.m. and he's not too thrilled with that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    That's how I feel....I've always described sleeping with my dogs as bliss, even if it means fighting for the covers or at times doing acrobatic maneuvers to get in and out of bed.

I have one who spends only part of the night in the bed, but when he does, it is up close and personal (under the covers slapped up next to me).
    Rachel I could have written that! Bella is a sprawler and if I need to get up it is just easier to do acrobatic maneuvers than try to convince her to move when she is dead asleep.

Ripley, like Tucker, is an *under cover dog.* Sometimes on a warm night he will jump down and sleep under the bed.

I have three doggies and sometimes 2 cats on my bed at night.

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace