Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That evil, evil vacuum!!

That evil, evil vacuum!!

I thought these photos were funny and that I'd share. I was running the vacuum which, of course, both cats are terrified of. When I was finished, I went to look for Howard and Luna....and found two lumps (one large, the other smaller) in the usually smooth bed comforter. BOTH cats were completely under the blankets--just like a little kid hiding from scary "monsters" that lurk in the dark. Hilarioius!! So anyway, I snapped a few photos of what I guess is the new hidey spot.

Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26 scardy cats 1.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	37834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27 scardy cats 2.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	37835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28. scardy cats 3.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	37836  

Howard and Luna,
    Taz here. You did find the best place to hide. That was my favorite spot when my meowmie brought me into this strange house that had a big creature with floppy ears and barked. Sometimes my new daddy even sat on me because he didn't know I was there. So please be careful that you don't get squished!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

How cute! They look pretty content, though. I think they know they've outsmarted that noisy monster!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh my yes, that is a great place to hide. It is warma nd snuggly and the balnkets muffle the noise!

Either you already vacuumed in that room before they ran in, or you didn't vacuum under the bed!

ROFL!!!! My cockatoos LOVE the vacuum! they try to outscream it and throw all their toys out of the cage...Quoia tries to eat it as she thinks its hurting Momma.the cats hide....Lex growls while hiding, and the Lory dances when its on............

Great pics! thanks for sharing!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

I have to tell my cats to "move"

For some reason, my cats could care less about the vacuum. They were, however, terrified of my ceiling fans when I had first installed them. Now, it happens only in the summer, when the fans go full speed. They are not afraid of much....that's for sure.....Especially the Aby cats....they are fearless little monkeys.

My first cat, years ago, was afraid of the vacuum. My Mom suggested that if I used the vacuum more often, that wouldn't happen. MOMS!

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont

My first cat, years ago, was afraid of the vacuum. My Mom suggested that if I used the vacuum more often, that wouldn't happen. MOMS!
    That does indeed sound like a mom!

My Patrick Henry loves the vacuum cleaner, first cat I ever had who isn't terrified of it.

Poor widdle babies, hiding under the covers! But they DO look happy and content!

My girls both hate the vaccuum also. They run and hide!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

THE LUCKY FOUND ACTS ARE NOT SCRAED OF THE VACUUM CLEANER, BUT WHEN I BRING OUT THE DUST BUSTER, THEY RUN FR COVER!!
    YAAGGHHH!!
    RUNNNN! ITS THE NOISE MONNSTER!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

LOL! Good they found cover, and a duvet is an excellent screen for the noise and can keep their ears down. Fister hates the vacuum cleaner too and hides, but sometimes he corners himself - silly boy! Then, of course, I stop the noise for bit, so he can get out.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

My Millie is fat and crabby, she's forever growling and biting anyone who comes within reach.

EXCEPT!

The vacuum!

She's terrified of the thing LOL. Guess there's one thing that can beat the kitty monster

Funny thing is, whenever I fire up the hairdryer, which sounds a lot like the vacuum (it's an old dryer), both cats HAVE to be in the bathroom with me. Same goes for the space heater.

Vacuum fear be something burried deep within cat DNA or something

Funny thing, Mango just bristles up and attacks the vacuum but Peaches doesn't even bat an eye. Abys...
    Randy

message from don juan el gato magnifico

hey you dont have to be afraid of that mom monster i once sneaked up on the monster here when it was asleep and bopped it right on the nose and you know what it didn't do anything monsters are all noise no action ha ha ha

your friend don juan
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado