Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help! The foster cant take them!! SO upset!

I need help! The foster cant take them!! SO upset!

I just found out that the foster whom was going to take in my 3 boys, could not do it. I have to be in my new house/rental very soon...I have already asked for two extensions because the lady whom was going to take them, needed more time. They cant come with me, I am ALREADY over my agreed limit. What can I do now?

I contacted Best friends and the other shelters people listed. Noone even wrote me back.... I still have 2 craigslist posting plus paper posting, with NO hits.

They are going to end up at a high kill shelter, what do I do? I am so overwhelmed, and now this happens. I just wish I had known sooner, so I could make alternate plans. Now I have NO time. No where for them to go...

I live in North Carolina. Does ANYONE know of anyone near me?

EDITED TO ADD!!! I literally JUST found out seconds ago!
    Last edited by kt_luvs_kitties; 10-23-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Here are the Pictures of them....

Andy:

Amos:

Alvin:

AnnaBelle:

AbiGail:

Oh no! Katie I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do.
    I don't even have any suggestions for you.
    ((HUGS!!))
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

That is terrible! I'm so sorry your foster fell through. I really wish I knew some way to help.

From Decker with Love

No-Kill shelters in Fayetteville NC

KATIE _ PHONE THESE GUYS! The Haven through Petsmart in Fayetteville NC. Call the shelter for an appointment to come to the shelter (910)875-6768.

VISIT THE SITE: http://thehaven-nc.com/Contactus.html

They are doing great work and have a no-kill petition going on as well.

This site says they are no-kill as well:

http://www.fapspet.org/about.html

Fayetteville Animal Protection Society, Inc.
    3927 Bragg Blvd.
    Fayetteville, NC 28303
    (Beside Osborne Glass)
    Phone

Shelter: 910-864-9040
    Administrative Office: 910-864-2077

Fax: 910-864-7795

Administrative Office: [email protected]
    Public Relation & Special Events: [email protected]
    Shelter: [email protected]

Shelter Manager: [email protected]

Secondary Email: [email protected]
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I have talked to The havens owner, and she said they just cant help.

F.A.P.S I have left 3-4 messages, noone calls back. It also has a message saying that they are not taking any more animals in, to call animal control.

I even tried some shelters outside of my area. I am so pissed/upset/frustrated/sad/hurt.....

edited to add: Linden, the owner of the haven, is the one who was going to help with Chance (the kitty I found whom was dying, before we found out he was FeLv+)

Call Petsmart directly. Also call your vet and see if s/he can board them for a few days. Maybe a staff member can too. Vets and staff know OTHER vets and staff.

Is there a college in Fayetteville? Getting word out to some of the students there might be an idea.

I just emailed best friends one more time... It reads....

My Name is Katie Layne. I live in Stedman North Carolina, outside of Fayetteville. I have 5 foster cats, that were being shot at (some were hit with pellet guns). I rescued them On Feb 06th 2007. I rent so I am not allowed to have more than 5 cats at the time. My landlord found out about them, and we are losing our rental. I have another one lined up, but the same rule still applies. I had people(rescues) to take them, and they backed out. I just found out that they have nowhere to go. They will have to be put to sleep, no rescues other than animal control will take them. Do you know of anyone, in my area ( I can drive a few hours and have a vehicle) that can take them? They are the sweetest cats, and just need a good home. I have pictures. I have also contacted rescues in my area, craigslist, and the local paper putting out ads, with no avail. Please Please help us! Thank you for reading this, Katie Layne and kitties

Oh, Katie....I am so sorry. Please listen to Catty..call petsmart, maybe they can help and hte college is a great idea...a lot of college kids look for pets. Good luck hon. Call me if you need to. I PMd you the frontline info.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Also try Petco. My friend has found several kittens at different times and every time she calls Petco. They are always very friendly about letting her bring them in and then they finding them homes; if they aren't too crowded I'm sure they'd take them for you. It's worth a try...good luck, all your cats are so pretty!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Katie, my heart is breaking for you. I wish I could take even one of them... I am saying prayers that you find them homes, or a shelter can take them in.

I love them all. Please give them a kiss on their head from me.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Katie - did you use this email address? [email protected]

There IS a North Carolina Best Friends community, but I can't find any direct contact info for them.

I don't know your area code - the following are contacts for Best Friends Magazine, and they could connect you:
    Sales Manager: Lynda Ottersbach (480) 544-4700 [email protected]
    West Coast: Michelle Foster (323) 493-5277 [email protected]
    West Coast: Lisa Dulyea (626) 395 7624 [email protected]
    East Coast: Denise Kelly (212) 592-0743 [email protected]

The main number in Utah: (435) 644-2001

Katie - I just called and left a message on the main line, and told them to watch for an email from you - said your name twice, and where you lived. I also said there was no contact info for Best Friends NC.

HUGS!

I spoke with Katie just a bit ago. She may not be online again tonight. I am emailing everybody in my rescue address book to see if anybody can help with even one kit. I asked them to crosspost it as well. I hope that can help.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Katie, I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish that I lived closer so that I could help you out. I know that your mom lives close by. Would she be willing to take a few of them temporarily? You may need to end up boarding them at a vets office to give you some more time. Good luck.

Get the media involved. Call the tv stations and tell them your plight. You'd be surprized how quickly those kitties will find homes. You might want to put an ad in the Petfinder classifieds.

Katie,

You know if I lived closer I'd take them and try to find them homes. They are beautiful boys.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!