Thread: David, welcome to the 21st century!

David, welcome to the 21st century!

I finally realized I'm living in the 21st century not the 20th. I went out and bought myself an MP3 player. This from a guy who thought 8 track tapes (remember those?) were the height of listening pleasure. I still have them at home. I can't wait to try it out. I can put some of my favorite CDs on it. It's nice to get out of the stone age of music!
    Last edited by davidpizzica; 10-21-2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: can't spell

haha CONGRADULATIONS!!! 8 track tapes... lol. CD's are even experiencing problems in sales because of people downloading just one or two MP3 tracks from itunes or something. I love my mp3 player

Wow, David, an upgrade from webtv to msn, and now an MP3! What's next? Hang on to your hat!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Wow, David, an upgrade from webtv to msn, and now an MP3! What's next? Hang on to your hat!
    Freedom, look out! I could go with digital tv and a satelite (sp?) dish!

Lol The Stone Age!!!

Congrats! Just don't get carried away with your mp3 collection like I have MP3s saved my cd collection though. When my cd case got stolen I had backed up quite a few of them to mp3 so I wasnt out a whole heck of a lot (still irritating to loose my original copies though)

A bit of warning though, some cds have copyright protection built in and won't let you copy them to your computer/mp3 player or if they do the files sound really bad. What sound formats does your mp3 player deal with? I had one that played wav files and wma (Windows media player format) files as well as mp3s so I could usually get around the copyright thing by just copying the files to wma format as the cd will let you do that most of the time.

I think that may be against fair use rules, which say you may copy for your own use from one medium to another (ie CD to tape *gasp* or your MP3 player.)

So what kind did you get? How big? I have a Creative Zen 30 GB and love it!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Gosh, I'm green with envy! I'm too chicken to try an mp3 player. I'm just now comfortable with cds!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats Ok David to Retro now & then.. I still have (2) 8 track players working & a big Real-to-Real working that I retro from now & then.. But Hey many Congrats on the move up & enjoy..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

LOL,

David, you forgot 4 track tape decks!

Don't feel bad, David. I just bought a DVD player for $20 at a hock shop. I'm an electronical late bloomer too, so don't feel bad.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Good on you bro, it is good to move with the times, i don't have one myself, but would not hesitate to buy one if i felt i would get a lot of use from it,good for us oldies to keep up with the latest trends. lol
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️