Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: possible lynx point siamese?

what is it

whats the diff in apple head vs lynx and shorthair vs just color point and can mine be an applehead snowtiger red colorpoint lynx lol please email me [email protected]

what is this one lol

please let me know what my cat looks like def a red point which is rare enough but now i cant figure out the rest his pic in on my profile, i 2 cant get one on here. email me for i stink at readin all these posts lol

My 1st Lynx Point Siamese...

My first Lynx point siamese-more photos as we get better acquainted-had another siamese that was all black before, but NOT this boisterous, oph my goodness, tad snarly, hisses, ornery for this first week-she was found in middle of 5 lane highway, scared to death, not hurt or hit by car but apparently trying to cross-1st day here, she was very protectorant of my bathroom, did food trail to front door to get her outside, then when I went to lock car doors at night, come back to find her in middle of entry way , standing guard, hissing, trying to buite-sure, it takes some cats long time to get used to new surroundings but felt this was the vampire cat from hell that first day-the red glare of the eyes (learned why such is true due to pigment/retina of the eyes, much like my own??!!).

That's too when I learned they are protective of surroundings, BOISTEROUS/loud, they talk-this one sure does...Very stand-off-nish.

Whole week, would let me pet her when I fed here, that's about it.

Meanwhile following day, left fromnt door half open and just when I( thought she was coming around by sitting next to me here by desk, as i was fervently listing things online, loooked up to find a feral cat i've also been feeding I am petting-eegads...was tamer in my home than my new to me kitty who is house cat, or supposedly house cat-she is declawed, have not located her real family so I can proviode loving nourishing home for her as this is house with big yard, lots of love to give...

Stand-offnish and hisses like last nioght after feeding here when I got home from work, she tried to BITE me, hissing at me after such-what?

UNTIL today when I got home from work is she just now warming up to me. She followed me around yard and let me scratch her, she is affectionate and loves to be brushed BUT she has long hair, such worries me about my asthma, allergies as I THOUGHT dander in siamese I would NOT be allergic to

Photo attached of her...Think "My Kitty" is appropriate name -tad undecided so far...(have learned in past to be careful when naming a cat-#1 as you may have to call out to them-lol-last one I had, got/found him too young from his mother, part siamese, but all black as he suckled my skin...called him "Sucker" -sounded really nice when calling him in neighborhood)

I don't have html url for her, have her within my pictures so how do i attach one?I found site through google search, wanted to find out more about her breed, etc-but off to bed as 5am comes early as I have store/booth at local huge Fleamasters Fleamrket here in Ft Myers...

I'm glad to find a thread discussing the topic of these cats. It seems i just took in a lynx point siamese mix and these cats are "different" to say the least. I'm use to cats being scared of new places, skiddish, calm, and not protective. Yet this little guy seems comfortable traveling between houses for visits, wants to wrestle with anything, and stands guard at the door when my neighbors make noise. The one non-siamese behavior is the vocals. He just purrs and occaisionally squeaks for a meow.

My cousin got this little guy along with his sisters when they were very very young(not yet on solid foods) and raised them to 8wks before finding homes. I got him home before really knowing what he was and now i just hope he calms down as he ages because now he spends every waking moment playing/pouncing until he runs out of steam, sleeps for 20 minutes and repeats. The really bright side is that he seems to have inherited that non/low shedding gene. So i can play with him in work clothes and i'm never covered in cat hair.

Here are some pics from before i got him home, he has the white paws(and mismatching pad coloration)

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I'm glad to find a thread discussing the topic of these cats. It seems i just took in a lynx point siamese mix and these cats are "different" to say the least. I'm use to cats being scared of new places, skiddish, calm, and not protective. Yet this little guy seems comfortable traveling between houses for visits, wants to wrestle with anything, and stands guard at the door when my neighbors make noise. The one non-siamese behavior is the vocals. He just purrs and occaisionally squeaks for a meow.
    You've pretty much described my Pretzel to the T, except she is very vocal. She isn't scared of anything except really rambunctious dogs who try to get in her face.

My late kitty, Sophie, was a lynx point Siamese as well. She was a feral when I got her so she was pretty timid of new people and very much attached to me. Sadly her kidneys failed at 1 1/2 years old and I had to make the hard decision to have her PTS. She was, and always will be, my heart kitty.

Sophie:

Pretzel:

Pretzel's body definitely has more color to her coat, but she's also older than Sophie was, and they tend to get darker with age.

facebook

Its funny you mention the dog thing, all 3 of those kittens were brought into a household that also had a big Rottweiler. They all played with the big dog and the one i took had started sleeping in the dog's bed. No fear of him whatsoever.

Attachment 53998

Maya Linn, a (now) retired Household Pet Kitten in the cat show circuit, is a Seal Lynx Point by the cat show judges. She's VERY vocal and has all the traits of a meezer.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Help?

Im wondering what kind of points my kitten has or is considered to be... the people that were giving them away have no idea who the fathers are as there were 2 pregnant cats who gave birth 1-2 weeks apart. Moms were both dsh calico and black. There were total of 13 kittens and were all different colors. There were two kittens that were cream colored with brown points on them and i happened to take one home lol. Im pretty sure dad had longer fur as my kitten has medium length fur... is it also possible he had some type of siamese mix in him or is it just genetics that can create the seal points?

If you could post a picture of him, that would help!
    I've Been Frosted

New to Pet Talk

Hello,

I didn't know this site existed. I just typed in lynx point siamese and found you. I am a cat lover at heart. I have 4 cats. What caught my eye were the pictures of all these beautiful cats. I fell in love with the lynx point. I adopted my Bella last year at Petsmart. I will post a picture of her as soon as I get permission to attach. I'm still waiting for approval. My Bella is some type of Siamese. She has the blue eyes but she has the white paws. She is small, so I call her Baby Bella. She's the smallest cat in the house. I will post pictures soon.

My Siamese Mix Bella

Here's a picture of my Baby Bella. I call her that because she's the smallest cat out of the 3 I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Baby Bella

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bella1.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	54616Bella is a rescued cat from Petsmart. She was less then a year old when we adopted her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella27 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bella1.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	54616Bella is a rescued cat from Petsmart. She was less then a year old when we adopted her.
    I would still consider her to be a Lynx Point Siamese cat mix like my Pearl. When they're born they're all white. Then as they age they get darker and their points come out more. My Pearl is petite and is about 8lbs or so. Bella sure is a gorgeous girl.

Here's pictures of my lynx point

I adopted my lynx point from a rescue. She was about 11 weeks old at the time. She is now about 5 months old. I am totally intrigued by her. I have awful cat allergies and was trying to find one that did not affect me. I had a siamese years ago that did not bother my allergies so I decided to search for a siamese to rescue. I found my Lola at a rescue facility about 10 hours away from my home. I planned a trip to pick her up and have been completely in love with her ever since. She is amazing.

Here Are My Two Lynxies

This is Frankie, my 2 year old perpetual kitten

This Is Sweets, my 3 year old rescue

Notice that Frankie's fur is darker than Sweets is. I found out this is because Sweets has been an indoor cat mostly before I got her, and strictly indoor since I have had her. Frankie was a stray, always outdoors before I got him. When they live outside, the fur gets darker to absorb more heat from the sun. Interesting fact I did not know.
    Last edited by Annie89121; 10-30-2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: to show coloring of fur better & explain why