Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: possible lynx point siamese?

Your cats are gorgeous!!

The TICA judges have determined that Maya Linn, found in a dumpster at the airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico with her mama and brother, is a Seal Lynx Point Torbie with white.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

WOW...finely found what breed our cat is....

G'day
    OMG! so exicted.... we have a cat that looks like this and we have been trying to find out what breed she is.... and finely i Googled gray and white siamese cats and saw a picture that looks like ours and it bought me to this forum. so i have joined up.. yay

Just have to say that everyone's cats on here are beautiful. and when i can post pictures i will put up a few our little miss princess (thinks she is) her name is Sakura and i got her from a house as a give away for free,for my husband.

anyway i will be back to look and chat another day...

just so excited that i have finely found out what breed our cat is....

Cheers Jean

3 y.o. Cooper

My Lynx Point Siamese, Cooper--

Welcome to PT jmking. Cooper sure is a gorgeous cat. I've never seen a lynx point siamese with such a beautiful marbled looking coat before.

Cooper

Thanks, he definitely shows more of the tabby side of the breed than most Lynx Pts. I've seen, down to the spotted belly. He's a very good natured cat, and pretty rambunctious! He was a rescue cat from a local animal hospital, his previous owners couldn't afford the urinary tract surgery he needed. Here is another pic of him a few weeks after surgery (the fur on his front legs and right side of his neck hadn't fully grown back in yet, from where the IVs were hooked up)
    Last edited by jmking; 11-26-2008 at 11:07 PM.

We have a cat we beleive to be a lynx point/blue point mix. here is a rare photo of her:
    She is so active and curious that is is hard to get pictures of her.

We had a cat years ago that looked almost exactly like this one. THAT cat was absolutely bonkers. Shy, but the bizarre things she did to entertain herself made us think she was a biscuit short of a dozen. This kitten was very calm and out going and a dream...and suddenly she is crazy as well. Still outgoing and very friendly, but oh the things she does! Are all lynx points nuts? Is it a personality trait? Oh she also is our "medicine cat" and has a knack for knowing when one of us (or the other cats) needs some extra love. She has gone so far as to lick and groom an injury that isnt obvious...got a headache, she will lick you head. Nose stuffy? Yep she is sure to lick your nose. All while purring very very loudly and rubbing all over you. It's quite interesting.

When she first came into our home, she literally made herself at home. It was as if she had always been here and greeted each of our cats as if they were her long lost best friends. Even gave our dog an "I'm in charge now" swipe to the nose and turned her back and walked away. No fear at all. She was named Gracie as a joke because she is definitely not graceful...she falls off of windowsills and such and lacks cat grace for sure. But we have since dubbed her Crazy because it definitely fits her. Anyhow, just looking for more info on her "true" colors and personality traits.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmking View Post
    Thanks, he definitely shows more of the tabby side of the breed than most Lynx Pts. I've seen, down to the spotted belly. He's a very good natured cat, and pretty rambunctious! He was a rescue cat from a local animal hospital, his previous owners couldn't afford the urinary tract surgery he needed. Here is another pic of him a few weeks after surgery (the fur on his front legs and right side of his neck hadn't fully grown back in yet, from where the IVs were hooked up)

He is gorgeous! I love his dark stripes!

Awwweee yes your babies are so Adorable..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by pwned_by_cats View Post
    We have a cat we beleive to be a lynx point/blue point mix. here is a rare photo of her:
    She is so active and curious that is is hard to get pictures of her.

We had a cat years ago that looked almost exactly like this one. THAT cat was absolutely bonkers. Shy, but the bizarre things she did to entertain herself made us think she was a biscuit short of a dozen. This kitten was very calm and out going and a dream...and suddenly she is crazy as well. Still outgoing and very friendly, but oh the things she does! Are all lynx points nuts? Is it a personality trait? Oh she also is our "medicine cat" and has a knack for knowing when one of us (or the other cats) needs some extra love. She has gone so far as to lick and groom an injury that isnt obvious...got a headache, she will lick you head. Nose stuffy? Yep she is sure to lick your nose. All while purring very very loudly and rubbing all over you. It's quite interesting.

When she first came into our home, she literally made herself at home. It was as if she had always been here and greeted each of our cats as if they were her long lost best friends. Even gave our dog an "I'm in charge now" swipe to the nose and turned her back and walked away. No fear at all. She was named Gracie as a joke because she is definitely not graceful...she falls off of windowsills and such and lacks cat grace for sure. But we have since dubbed her Crazy because it definitely fits her. Anyhow, just looking for more info on her "true" colors and personality traits.

thanks
    Welcome to PT. Yes, she's definitely a lynx point siamese. My Pearl is a very active girl and almost always on the go. She used to cuddle with my cat Storm,who is the alpha cat,when she was a kitten so she was much more independent then. Now she rarely cuddles with him and they seem to hate each other at times. She's now a big mama's girl and has to be with me when I'm using the bathroom sink or using the shower or toilet. She also loves to sit in my kitchen sink and drink from the faucet.

She loves to play with the tiny furry mice and will sometimes play fetch with me like a dog. She's also obsessed with straws and goes crazy when she sees one. She's a very intelligent cat and also a very loving and nuturing cat. She loves to try to clean all of the other cats bottoms like she's their mother. I think that she'll become the new alpha cat some day when Storm becomes very old, too weak, or has passed on. She's about 8lbs and tiny compared to my other cats but she has a huge voice and loves to chat with me.

My cat looks like the pictures you all have posted... except she has white mittens on her front paws and white sock on the back. Is she some sort of Lynx Point cross? Or does this happen in a Lynx Point? I've never had a name for what breed she might be until today! (she was dropped off in a box with her sister when they were about 6 weeks old at an office I used to work at. now she's 6 YEARS old. )

Quote Originally Posted by Brigantine View Post
    My cat looks like the pictures you all have posted... except she has white mittens on her front paws and white sock on the back. Is she some sort of Lynx Point cross? Or does this happen in a Lynx Point? I've never had a name for what breed she might be until today! (she was dropped off in a box with her sister when they were about 6 weeks old at an office I used to work at. now she's 6 YEARS old. )
    Do you have any pictures of her that you could post here for us? She could be a mixture of a few different cat breeds. I think that Lynx Points typically have the tabby markings on all four of their paws.

(not sure how to do pictures, just attach a file from the computer?)

Here is our 'pretty Princess', Sinjun:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

found another picture that really showed her markings:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

She's so pretty. My guess is she's some kind of a siamese mix. She does look similar to a lynx point except for her cute white paws. Maybe she has some Snowshoe in her.

Thanks!!