Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: possible lynx point siamese?

Hybrid View

possible lynx point siamese?

I think our two young cats may be considered 'lynx point' siamese. I can't figure out how to attach a photo of them. Can someone help out? I know that I need to hit the yellow 'button' that looks like a mountain and sun, but then what?
    Thanks!

Hi,
    I am a Lynx Point Siamese lover, and I own one (or rather she "owns" me). Anyways, this is how to attach documents; I only know how to attach them, not put them in the message. Go to "Manage Attachments," and then browse for your pictures. Next, upload them. Then they should be ready to go! I've attached a picture of my Lynx Point Siamese, Nellie. She is 4 years old. I can't wait to see the pictures of your kitties! I really love Lynx Point Siamese.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NELLIE~1_edited.JPG 
Views:	5745 
Size:	605.2 KB 
ID:	37759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Padres Game, James' funny faces, Kitties, and More 072.jpg 
Views:	4906 
Size:	767.6 KB 
ID:	37760  

still puzzled

Arg! I still can't figure it out! Where do I find 'manage attachments'?

Welcome to PT. When you click on the post button keep scrolling down until you get to additional options. The 4th item listed is manage attachments. Just click on this button and then you can upload attachment pictures. Good luck.

I also have a lynx point siamese mix. Her name is Pearl and she's 2 years old. Here are a couple of pictures of her.

I am the biggest idiot ever. I can't figure out what you mean by the 'post button'. When I click on the 'insert image' button (the yellow square one with the mountain) I get a script prompt. thats it.

Posting pictures

Method 1: If the picture is already on the Internet somewhere, you can use the "Yellow icon with mountains". When the box comes up that says

"Enter the text to be formatted
    [IMG]xxx[/IMG]"

you type the url of the picture in. A URL is a web address, it has to start with http:// and end with ".jpg" People use this method to post pictures from Imagestation, or Photobucket sites they have set up ...

Method #2: If the picture is just on your computer, you have to use the "attachment" feature. Just below the dialog box where you type your message, there is a section called "Additional Options." The second option is called "Attach Files." Hit that button, then a window called "Manage Attachments" comes up. You then hit one of the "Choose File" buttons, and show it where the image you want to use is located. Once you have chosen the file, hit the button in the lower right corner of that box that is labeled "Upload." Once you have done that, you can hit the "Close this Window" button, and post your message, and your pictures will appear at the bottom of your message.

Your cats are gorgeous!!

The TICA judges have determined that Maya Linn, found in a dumpster at the airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico with her mama and brother, is a Seal Lynx Point Torbie with white.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

3 y.o. Cooper

My Lynx Point Siamese, Cooper--

Welcome to PT jmking. Cooper sure is a gorgeous cat. I've never seen a lynx point siamese with such a beautiful marbled looking coat before.

Cooper

Thanks, he definitely shows more of the tabby side of the breed than most Lynx Pts. I've seen, down to the spotted belly. He's a very good natured cat, and pretty rambunctious! He was a rescue cat from a local animal hospital, his previous owners couldn't afford the urinary tract surgery he needed. Here is another pic of him a few weeks after surgery (the fur on his front legs and right side of his neck hadn't fully grown back in yet, from where the IVs were hooked up)
    Last edited by jmking; 11-26-2008 at 11:07 PM.

We have a cat we beleive to be a lynx point/blue point mix. here is a rare photo of her:
    She is so active and curious that is is hard to get pictures of her.

We had a cat years ago that looked almost exactly like this one. THAT cat was absolutely bonkers. Shy, but the bizarre things she did to entertain herself made us think she was a biscuit short of a dozen. This kitten was very calm and out going and a dream...and suddenly she is crazy as well. Still outgoing and very friendly, but oh the things she does! Are all lynx points nuts? Is it a personality trait? Oh she also is our "medicine cat" and has a knack for knowing when one of us (or the other cats) needs some extra love. She has gone so far as to lick and groom an injury that isnt obvious...got a headache, she will lick you head. Nose stuffy? Yep she is sure to lick your nose. All while purring very very loudly and rubbing all over you. It's quite interesting.

When she first came into our home, she literally made herself at home. It was as if she had always been here and greeted each of our cats as if they were her long lost best friends. Even gave our dog an "I'm in charge now" swipe to the nose and turned her back and walked away. No fear at all. She was named Gracie as a joke because she is definitely not graceful...she falls off of windowsills and such and lacks cat grace for sure. But we have since dubbed her Crazy because it definitely fits her. Anyhow, just looking for more info on her "true" colors and personality traits.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pwned_by_cats View Post
    We have a cat we beleive to be a lynx point/blue point mix. here is a rare photo of her:
    She is so active and curious that is is hard to get pictures of her.

We had a cat years ago that looked almost exactly like this one. THAT cat was absolutely bonkers. Shy, but the bizarre things she did to entertain herself made us think she was a biscuit short of a dozen. This kitten was very calm and out going and a dream...and suddenly she is crazy as well. Still outgoing and very friendly, but oh the things she does! Are all lynx points nuts? Is it a personality trait? Oh she also is our "medicine cat" and has a knack for knowing when one of us (or the other cats) needs some extra love. She has gone so far as to lick and groom an injury that isnt obvious...got a headache, she will lick you head. Nose stuffy? Yep she is sure to lick your nose. All while purring very very loudly and rubbing all over you. It's quite interesting.

When she first came into our home, she literally made herself at home. It was as if she had always been here and greeted each of our cats as if they were her long lost best friends. Even gave our dog an "I'm in charge now" swipe to the nose and turned her back and walked away. No fear at all. She was named Gracie as a joke because she is definitely not graceful...she falls off of windowsills and such and lacks cat grace for sure. But we have since dubbed her Crazy because it definitely fits her. Anyhow, just looking for more info on her "true" colors and personality traits.

thanks
    Welcome to PT. Yes, she's definitely a lynx point siamese. My Pearl is a very active girl and almost always on the go. She used to cuddle with my cat Storm,who is the alpha cat,when she was a kitten so she was much more independent then. Now she rarely cuddles with him and they seem to hate each other at times. She's now a big mama's girl and has to be with me when I'm using the bathroom sink or using the shower or toilet. She also loves to sit in my kitchen sink and drink from the faucet.

She loves to play with the tiny furry mice and will sometimes play fetch with me like a dog. She's also obsessed with straws and goes crazy when she sees one. She's a very intelligent cat and also a very loving and nuturing cat. She loves to try to clean all of the other cats bottoms like she's their mother. I think that she'll become the new alpha cat some day when Storm becomes very old, too weak, or has passed on. She's about 8lbs and tiny compared to my other cats but she has a huge voice and loves to chat with me.

Quote Originally Posted by jmking View Post
    Thanks, he definitely shows more of the tabby side of the breed than most Lynx Pts. I've seen, down to the spotted belly. He's a very good natured cat, and pretty rambunctious! He was a rescue cat from a local animal hospital, his previous owners couldn't afford the urinary tract surgery he needed. Here is another pic of him a few weeks after surgery (the fur on his front legs and right side of his neck hadn't fully grown back in yet, from where the IVs were hooked up)

He is gorgeous! I love his dark stripes!

What Breed is she???

Hi guys its been a while since i've been on here, and theres just one thing i am hoping you can help me with and thats trying to determine what breed my 2yr old Amber is? i have enclosed a couple of pics. any help whould be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01092008.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	574.0 KB 
ID:	41534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18012009.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	511.8 KB 
ID:	41535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19112008.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	41536   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07022008.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	573.0 KB 
ID:	41537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23012008(003).jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	323.9 KB 
ID:	41538  

Quote Originally Posted by wraithguard View Post
    Hi guys its been a while since i've been on here, and theres just one thing i am hoping you can help me with and thats trying to determine what breed my 2yr old Amber is? i have enclosed a couple of pics. any help whould be greatly appreciated.
    She looks like a domestic short hair cat to me with tabby markings. She sure is a gorgeous girl.